2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

Canadian PHEV orders

7K views 60 replies 14 participants last post by  chrisfa.1492 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I recently (last week) put my non-refundable deposit in with a local Ford dealership (Canada) for the 2023 Escape PHEV.

I haven't received any emails from Ford and my dealer is implying that all notifications will come through them. Is this normal practice?

I seen people mention that they are getting emails directly from Ford but I'm not sure if that also applies to Canadian orders.

Also curious on what you have been told for an expected shipping date. I was told April 2023

#2 ·
I ordered one last year. Ford Canada doesn't send out e-mails like in the US, so it's mostly all through the dealer. Once you get a VIN and your order number though, there is an online tracking system.

Hard to say when delivery is. I've read there have been delays to PHEV production. It was about 5 months for miine. Ordered mid April. Originally scheduled to build mid June. Built late August, and picked up mid Sept. Supply chain is slowly getting better in the automotive world, but still not what it was pre covid.

#3 ·
Thanks, appreciate the information.

At least Ford was able to deliver vehicles, I've been on Hyundai's waiting list for the Tucson PHEV since March last year and they haven't been able to actually place the order through Hyundai corporate. They're still fulfilling orders from 2021. Kia is about the same also, been on their list since the summer and was told that the vehicle would have been here already but now no updates from the dealers and no eta anywhere.

#4 ·
I still have a deposit on a Rav4 Prime from last February. AFAIK still sitting at spot 2. 1st has been waiting since June 2021.

Most likely I'll stick with my Escape, but I'll go demo a 2023 Hybrid before deciding for sure. Also depends what the trade in value is of course.

#6 ·
Last week I also placed an order for a 2023 PHEV Escape with my local Ford dealer in the USA. They did not require any deposit and I got an Order Conformation email from Ford within an hour. Unfortunately, no one knows when this order will be delivered. Everyone seems to be guessing between 2-3 months minimum.

A knowledgeable online source has indicated that the 2023 Escape production started on December 15, 2022, so they have not been building them long. It also appears that some existing 2022 customer orders were not able to be built in 2022 and were pushed forward to 2023. This increases the order bank before they get to our orders, (assuming first in, first built).

It looks like patience is the only solution at this point....

#7 ·
There are a lot of US customers who ordered on or around September 20-21 that have not even been scheduled yet. That’s 3 1/2 months of waiting just to be scheduled. It’s been 5 weeks since they scheduled any PHEV’s. If they schedule anything this week it will be for February-March builds. So it’s looking more like 5-6 months best case to get one right now. They also have way more orders for PHEV’s than what they planned to build this year.

#8 ·
We ordered a 2023 Ford Escape PHEV Premium from a dealership in the Toronto area in late October, at the time we were told it might be ready in February or March. Even then we weren't optimistic it would actually meet that timeline but it was clear it'd be an even longer wait for the comparable Toyota or Hyundai models.

No 45-day emails from Ford, and no updates from our dealer since then (I even asked about whether we'd need to remove SXM – no response). I've just been relying on these forums to get a sense of when it might arrive.

Since then I've seen occasional indications of 2022 Escape PHEVs in stock at other dealerships in our area, but at prices well above MSRP. We're willing to wait it out for now.

#10 ·
I also ordered a 2022 PHEV back in April, then rolled it over to a 2023 order (late October IIRC?). No ETA or VIN yet. Never received an email directly from Ford like the Americans seem to get, no 45-day check-ins. What little communication I've had has been from my dealer, and nothing's been pro-active.

He's said that Ford will honour the price from when I ordered in 2022, but not a whole lot written down about that other than my original order sheet... I'm not in any hurry so I haven't been pressing him for answers I doubt he could give. Though my XPlan pin is going to expire in March so not sure what will happen then (it was a shareholder one and they cancelled the program so I can't get another that way) -- hopefully it only matters that I had it when I placed the order.

Anyway, I was originally told to expect a roughly 8-month wait (which would have been December), so while they're not doing strictly first-come first-served, I would be surprised if you're able to get it by April. But when I was checking out the Rav4 Prime, the Toyota dealer told me it would be about 2 years from Fall of 2021, and when I was ready to buy in the spring of 2022 and asked for an updated timeline, they wouldn't even take any more orders because their backlog was already so long.

#11 ·
I also ordered a 2022 PHEV back in April, then rolled it over to a 2023 order (late October IIRC?). No ETA or VIN yet. Never received an email directly from Ford like the Americans seem to get, no 45-day check-ins. What little communication I've had has been from my dealer, and nothing's been pro-active.

He's said that Ford will honour the price from when I ordered in 2022, but not a whole lot written down about that other than my original order sheet... I'm not in any hurry so I haven't been pressing him for answers I doubt he could give. Though my XPlan pin is going to expire in March so not sure what will happen then (it was a shareholder one and they cancelled the program so I can't get another that way) -- hopefully it only matters that I had it when I placed the order.

Anyway, I was originally told to expect a roughly 8-month wait (which would have been December), so while they're not doing strictly first-come first-served, I would be surprised if you're able to get it by April. But when I was checking out the Rav4 Prime, the Toyota dealer told me it would be about 2 years from Fall of 2021, and when I was ready to buy in the spring of 2022 and asked for an updated timeline, they wouldn't even take any more orders because their backlog was already so long.

Interesting that you couldn't get the 2022. In Edmonton dealerships have the 2022 PHEV on the lot ready to sell, not sure how the allocations work but I was offered a 2022 by a few different dealerships

#27 ·
On a similar note, did any of you do the Sirius radio removal? Do you think it would speed up delivery at all?

I don't know if it's even offered in Canada but I've been seeing it online, my dealer never mentioned it at all
I did ask my dealer about it, but they didn't seem worried about. Mentioned that it came up in previous years but it seems like no action is required on our part

#34 ·
No update on my order in the public tracker since February 10, it’s still listed as “in production” with a scheduled build date of “week of 02/17”. The window sticker was uploaded a day or so after my previous post, but before the reports about the production shutdown.

I’m inferring from the discussion in the various 2023 order threads that maybe it’s already built, but maybe not – it’s Schrödinger’s SUV at this point.

#35 ·
– it’s Schrödinger’s SUV at this point.
Is an SUV an SUV if no one can physically drive it?

Ford has a lot of problems (obviously) but they really could do a better job of tracking and communication. Even though there is an online tracker, the updates are inconsistent if they come at all and many dealerships are also in the dark. It's like stepping back in time 25 years to 1998. Although no one would be waiting for a custom ordered vehicle for months and months because all of them would be on dealer lots.

#41 ·
Best of luck NorthYork.

I still haven't gotten my VIN from the dealership, apparently Ford hasn't provided it to them yet, hopefully that's not a bad sign lol they said they should have the VIN by next week. I can't wait to be able to track updates by myself

I ordered end of December 22, so I expect I have at least a couple months left to wait

#46 ·
Congrats! I finally got a build date (in July) for mine. Glad to hear that you like the Atlas blue and the vehicle.

Can I ask why you're opposed to posting pictures? I haven't been looking as much recently but it would be cool to see the Atlas Blue in a real life picture

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.