2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone that has bought the new Ford 2020 Escape found a good Cargo Mat that they like yet? I have been searching but not sure which Mat to go with. thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
The front to back fits the cargo area perfectly. The left to right is almost perfect. I would have preferred the mat cover the left and right “gaps” that potentially allow objects to fall into the 12v battery and space tire area.
(I had a wedge of cheese fall through the left gap)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The front to back fits the cargo area perfectly. The left to right is almost perfect. I would have preferred the mat cover the left and right “gaps” that potentially allow objects to fall into the 12v battery and space tire area.
(I had a wedge of cheese fall through the left gap)
Thank you for the picture! I found one on Amazon by MotorTrend that may work with some trimming .

I also see WeatherTech makes one you can trim to fit. 2020 Ford Escape | Universal Cargo Mat and Trunk Mat for Cars SUVs and Minivans | WeatherTech

·
Registered
72 Posts
I’m picking up the factory cargo liner later today. It was $93 plus tax at a local dealer. Used some of those FordPass points to buy it since I have maintenance and warranty covered.
I’ll try and remember to post pics when I get it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m picking up the factory cargo liner later today. It was $93 plus tax at a local dealer. Used some of those FordPass points to buy it since I have maintenance and warranty covered.
I’ll try and remember to post pics when I get it.
Where do you find your Ford Pass Points? thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Where do you find your Ford Pass Points? thanks
they should show up in the FordPass app if you registered it. It usually takes 30-60 days for the points to show up.

for the escape you should get 42,000 points. equal to $210. It’s a flat rate based on the class of the car (gasoline or hybrid gets 42k, I think diesel is the other class at 72k)

have to use them in the dealer service/parts dept only. For either parts or service.

if using for parts, I highly recommend shopping around. I’ve seen prices vary by as much as $80 for some sub $200 parts at neighboring dealers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they should show up in the FordPass app if you registered it. It usually takes 30-60 days for the points to show up.

for the escape you should get 42,000 points. equal to $210. It’s a flat rate based on the class of the car (gasoline or hybrid gets 42k, I think diesel is the other class at 72k)

have to use them in the dealer service/parts dept only. For either parts or service.

if using for parts, I highly recommend shopping around. I’ve seen prices vary by as much as $80 for some sub $200 parts at neighboring dealers.
This is great news thanks! I will wait for my FordPass points and then buy the "Cross Bars" for my SUV then.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I see my Fordpass point just showed up on my Fordpass app but wont allow me to use them. Weird?
You have to actually go into a dealership to use them (it SEEMS like you can use them online based on the way the app and webpage is set up, but you can’t, I had a lengthy argume....errr... discussion with ford’s tech support over this). The cashier at the service department can access the account.
Mine showed up sooner than 30 days also, but yeah, it’s YMMV and 30-60 is ford’s official response.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You have to actually go into a dealership to use them (it SEEMS like you can use them online based on the way the app and webpage is set up, but you can’t, I had a lengthy argume....errr... discussion with ford’s tech support over this). The cashier at the service department can access the account.
Mine showed up sooner than 30 days also, but yeah, it’s YMMV and 30-60 is ford’s official response.
Ok good to know thanks! I will just go into Ford and see if I can order Cargo Liner and Cross Bars with Fordpass.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ok good to know thanks! I will just go into Ford and see if I can order Cargo Liner and Cross Bars with Fordpass.
this is the part # for the cargo liner. If you have multiple dealers within reasonable distance, I recommend searching their prices online first before committing to one.

LJ6Z6111600AA

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
this is the part # for the cargo liner. If you have multiple dealers within reasonable distance, I recommend searching their prices online first before committing to one.

LJ6Z6111600AA
Thank you. I will buy the "Cross Bars " 1st with the Fordpass points. I think that Amazon has the Cargo mat now for $89 shipped.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid Titanium
68 Posts
The OEM cargo liner and the WeatherTech aftermarket liner are the same price ($110). Any reason to prefer one to the other?

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape SE Sport Hybrid AWD (non-premium package so it has the cool solid black rims)
27 Posts
I was going to purchase the factory mat until I saw the Smartliner. I bought a Smartliner cargo mat. It is model specific and fits well. It has a slight beveled edge around the sides and rear, and of course, depending on how far forward or far back your second row seats may be positioned, it does or does not meet up to the backs of those seats. That is to be expected.

I paid $89 less a 10% off discount for signing up my email address. It arrived May 28, 2020. No complaints yet.

I did buy the factory front and rear floor mats and those have only been in for a week or so.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid Titanium
68 Posts
OK, so I've looked online at the Smartliner, the WeatherTech, and the OEM cargo liner.

If you look at the pictures (click on the second picture for OEM version), it appears that the Smartliner doesn't cover the entire area, leaving holes at the rear end by the hatch on both the left and right, while the Weathertech liner bulges out there to cover those areas. It's really hard to tell from the picture if the OEM version does or does not cover those areas.

Can anyone verify (or refute) what I think I've found out?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts