2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

Cargo Shade cover in different colours

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  150023 
#1 ·
Looking for one for my 2017...did they only come in black? All my searching only turns up black ones.

#2 ·
As far as I know only black. Guessing the concept was that black shade would make it harder for an outside onlooker to determine if it was drawn and have potential items hidden underneath that a thief might be interested in.

#7 ·
The only problem with all those straps are I find myself taking the shade out many times to haul something of size. You can pop the other one out in just a second leave it home or throw it behind the front seats if need be. I really don't want to undo straps. Also in my opinion the gap is very marginal at best. After reading the Amazon reviews with the aftermarket ones I found a lot of people later had problems with the mechanism failing and the handles coming apart. So I just went with the OEM, Figured that way I would only buy it once. My dealer matched the on line price and I walked out of the store with a new cover.

#9 ·
I simply ordered one online from a salvage yard, since my local one didn't have one with the shade in it, or if they did, it sold. I paid about $50, if memory serves. Nice, clean, and functional. And far better than the outrageous price the dealer wanted for what is basically a pull blind, or the iffyness of a the amazon ones I debated. But, I like it! It lets me hide my junk.

But yes, I've only ever seen black for any Escape 2013 and beyond.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.