2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2014 Ford Escape SE a week ago with 63k on it. The next day, the CEL came on and was flashing. It ran real rough when this happened. Luckily, I wasn't far from the dealership. They changed all 3 plugs and one coil pack. It ran like a top for a few days and then the light came back on. P304 is the code that came up. So, back to the dealer it went. No rough run, no sputter, no shortness of power but the tech said it has another bad coil pack. Research within this forum suggested other possibilities and I asked the service people if they had done a pressure test or anything. They did not, nor could they verify the past recalls on this thing. So, they gave me a day to bring it back. On my way to work this morning, going down a hill, the RPMs shot up and the "i" light came on telling me the coolant level was low. It's right around the minimum line. I have not smelled coolant nor have I observed any leaks. I'm no mechanic but I don't think it's just another coil pack. Dealership is on strike 2 before they buy this damn thing back... advice???

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yours is a 3G, not a 4G. I suspect the mods will move this to the correct section.

Can you also let us know what engine you have?

As for the actual issue, you probably have a small leak somewhere in the coolant system from oldish rubber hoses. I had a coolant leak a while back that I couldn't find. Didn't see the coolant leaking and didn't smell it but it would need refilling twice a month. My dealership identified the leak fairly quickly. Sounds like the dealership you bought from doesn't have the best service department. Maybe try a different dealership?

·
Super Moderator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
6,211 Posts
I bought a 2014 Ford Escape SE a week ago with 63k on it. The next day, the CEL came on and was flashing. It ran real rough when this happened. Luckily, I wasn't far from the dealership. They changed all 3 plugs and one coil pack. It ran like a top for a few days and then the light came back on. P304 is the code that came up. So, back to the dealer it went. No rough run, no sputter, no shortness of power but the tech said it has another bad coil pack. Research within this forum suggested other possibilities and I asked the service people if they had done a pressure test or anything. They did not, nor could they verify the past recalls on this thing. So, they gave me a day to bring it back. On my way to work this morning, going down a hill, the RPMs shot up and the "i" light came on telling me the coolant level was low. It's right around the minimum line. I have not smelled coolant nor have I observed any leaks. I'm no mechanic but I don't think it's just another coil pack. Dealership is on strike 2 before they buy this damn thing back... advice???
I moved your thread to the 3G Engine discussion location. You had posted in the 4G area, which is 2020 and newer. Anyway, you also need to post what engine you have. There are a lot of existing threads on this type of error.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts