2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ford Escape, Titanium Trim, 2.0l Ecoboost
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first DIY project on my 2018 Ford Escape. Even for a noob driveway mechanic guy like me, it was a simple job. The NAPA gold filter fit like a dream. Vacummed out the air intake and casing. No clue if it sounds better or improves HP like the youtube guy on Engineering Explained. But I did it myself and that feels pretty good!

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Good job! And I know what you mean, satisfaction of a job well done with your own hands. My 2015 is a blast to drive, hope you are enjoying yours too!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Did the same thing, but with a AEM filter. Tight-fitting though:oops:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did the same thing, but with a AEM filter. Tight-fitting though:oops:
Yeah, I saw someone remark that putting in a K&N filter was a really tight squeeze, so went with the NAPA Gold filter. Did the AEM filter propose increasing MPG or HP?
Although it was a paid promotion, the nubers did not lie. Even though it was a very small difference. Just wondering.

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
Yeah, I saw someone remark that putting in a K&N filter was a really tight squeeze, so went with the NAPA Gold filter. Did the AEM filter propose increasing MPG or HP?
I believe AEM uses K&N filters. The only difference is that AEM uses a slightly different parts number system but I'm sure it's the same thing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good job! And I know what you mean, satisfaction of a job well done with your own hands. My 2015 is a blast to drive, hope you are enjoying yours too!
I cannot say enough about how much fun it is to drive my 2018 Escape 2.0l. You truly can toss this vehicle around and the acceleration is wonderful. Our daughter drives my wife's 2013 Mazda CX-5 and there is no comparison. Granted 17" rims on the Mazda vs 19" rims on my Escape. might have something to do with it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts