2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I would like to be able to change gear up/down manually on my 2017 Ford Kuga 1.5TDCi not only via pedal shifters because sometimes you ll be on a different lock and not be able to change gears properly.

My Kuga is not equipped with the +/- shift buttons on the Auto trans gear knob. is there a way I could purchase that part and install it myself to be able to change gears while my hand sits on the gear knob and steer with the other hand? (I m quite hands on so not bothered about what it takes)

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,343 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I've effectively got that set up on my 2016 Kuga by retro fitting paddle shifters to the steering wheel. I already had the shifter with the +- switch.

If you can find the shift knob with the +- switch then you would need to track down the correct wires from the steering wheel that send the up/ down change signal to the PCM. (Assuming that isn't done via CAN Bus signals on your model?) Then wire the new shift knob in parallel with the steering wheel signals, that way you'll be able to use either the paddles or the shifter to change gears.

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. my only challenge is finding the actual knob and/or buttons pcb to retro fit as I wouldn't mind running with wires to the steering wheel. if done via CAN bus then I don't have many options...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts