2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 escape se awd
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the chip shortage is getting serious. Ford to build F-150, Edge without some computer modules, install them later Ford is building the 150 and edge without some chips,
they will store and install them later. Escape plants in Kentucky effected also shift are shutting down. The fiesta plant in germany will be effected. This news is dated march 18 2021at 8 pm. Could it compromise dealer replacement parts. the article says GM is also feeling the shortage. mike

·
Registered
2020 Escape AWD Hybrid Titanium
783 Posts
You kind of buried the lead for this group...

"Ford is canceling the late shift on Thursday and both shifts on Friday at its Louisville Assembly Plant, which builds the Ford Escape and Lincoln Corsair SUVs. Production is expected to resume on short shifts on Monday and full production the following day."

·
Registered
7 Posts
We are now officially down for at least the next week at Kentucky Truck (super duty, expedition/navigator) also. There was a plant fire at a chip manufacturer that’s cutting supplies even shorter. KTP is our cash cow and I think Ford tried to keep us running at all costs, and they’re trying to keep the level of it out of the media cycles but it’s definitely putting us on our heels.

·
Registered
59 Posts
the chip shortage is hurting every industry everywhere. its pretty much global now and no one is left unhurt. its pretty crazy....

i dont know how it is business wise to do the chip installs later - would that drive some sales down? im not sure but it seem like the only thing they can do right now.

·
Registered
2020 escape se awd
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Intel intends to build a 2 billion dollar chip mfg. plant in Arizona time line 2 yr. I agree Escapepro it is just not cars we probably wont know the full extent of the shortage for some time. mike PS where are they going to get the water!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.