2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could not find this issue in any other posts. I have a 20 Escape Titanium with ICE engine. At times while driving where you need to take your foot off gas and not always using brakes to car slow down and then within seconds step on gas to increase speed again I will hear a single chirp/squeak that sounds like it is coming from the rear end under the car, maybe from around rear axle. Trying to determine if this is a normal sound for this car.

I have spoken to the dealer about a rear end clunk that you can feel when slowing down and immediately stepping on gas to increase speed (stop/slow and go traffic) as the dealer said only happens when the "stars are aligned". I understand that this is normal but I am not so sure about the chirp/squeak?

·
Registered
2022 Ford Escape SEL
2 Posts
I have a 22 Escape, 2 months into ownership (with several problems but anyway), I also have the squeak noise as well. It’s like a quick squeak and I felt like maybe I’m hearing things, glad I’m not the only one. I too, would like to know what it is since my dealership couldn’t hear it. It sounds like it’s coming from the wheels.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have driven with the dealer a couple of times and have been able to reproduce the noise to some degree by driving on the dealer lot taking my foot off the gas to let the car downshift and than stepping on the gas enough to have the transmission upshift. Also seem to only happen in the warmer weather. The dealer said he does not hear anything that is not normal.

I have the extended Ford warranty so I have pretty much have given up and taken the position that it is a quirk of the car and if something does happen it will be covered by the extended warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts