2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello just got back from garage. And the cluncking in rear end is apparently Worn-out control arm and need to change both. Apparently Ford knows of this issue. Garage has seen 5 ford escapes this month alone same issue.. parts are backordered. So now im driving carefully as it could take few weeks before they are available.. anyone else have this issue.

·
Registered
2020 Escape
200 Posts
How weird is it that you posted this today. I was at the dealer and was talking to a women that has a 22 Escape with clunking coming from the rear.

She was describing an issue that sounded like this. As we were talking, the service advisor was getting upset that we were brain storming what the issue could be. I told her it sounds she had something loose in the rear suspension. The dealer had replaced leaking rear shocks at some point prior to today.

I could not finish our conversation because my service advisor called me over. But this sounds like the issue she was having.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,626 Posts
anyone else have this issue.
What year model have you got? The post can be moved into the relevant section once that is known and you'll be more likely to get responses.

I recall reading about other people having to replace them on the earlier 2013-2016 models.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,626 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
How weird is it that you posted this today. I was at the dealer and was talking to a women that has a 22 Escape with clunking coming from the rear.

She was describing an issue that sounded like this. As we were talking, the service advisor was getting upset that we were brain storming what the issue could be. I told her it sounds she had something loose in the rear suspension. The dealer had replaced leaking rear shocks at some point prior to today.

I could not finish our conversation because my service advisor called me over. But this sounds like the issue she was having.
I described it to my mechanic and he said monday they just realized the problem. And this week alone 2 of us came in same problem. Whats interesting is Ford knows about this problem and no recall as of yet.. I just hope parts dont take too long.. not comfortable driving around with this problem and no highway driving..

·
Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
2,245 Posts
Control arms bushings all come down to where and how the car is used and they're normal wear items.
I wouldn't expect a recall for this on a model that's over 5 years old.
They can be pressed in by a shop using third party bushings, Ford only offers the entire arm as a part.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hello just got back from garage. And the cluncking in rear end is apparently Worn-out control arm and need to change both. Apparently Ford knows of this issue. Garage has seen 5 ford escapes this month alone same issue.. parts are backordered. So now im driving carefully as it could take few weeks before they are available.. anyone else have this issue.
How many miles (or kilometers) on your car?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts