2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Ford Escape S 2.5 2wd. 120k miles
Yesterday I started to notice a clunk over bumps (similar to strut noise?) The Noise is coming from front Passenger side.
It isn't constant but noticeable still. And it pulls to the right while accelerating. Going straight if I let go of the wheel and coast its normal and as soon as I accelerate it pulls pretty good right. I honestly don't remember if It's always done this and I'm Used to it or what. No suspension work done since I got the car in 2016 and it had. 21,000 miles.

I'm leaning towards sway bar end links and sway bar bushings, but wanted to get some input before I throw parts at it. I plan to put it on the lift today and check sway bar with a prybar, and ball joints/hubs by seeing if the front wheels have any play while in the air.

· Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,964 Posts
One worn strut will make handling unpredictable, especially over bumps (pulling to one side etc.) What sort of distance has it covered?

· Registered
91 Posts
... it pulls to the right while accelerating. Going straight if I let go of the wheel and coast its normal and as soon as I accelerate it pulls pretty good right.
My thought is lower control arm bushings. When you accelerate, traction/torque steer will put pressure on the arm and it will move rearward causing a change in toe/darting. It is steering itself off a true track.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts