2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 ford escape titanium 2.0.

dealer just installed a new long block and noticed its nolonger the orange color, its mainly green with a tint of orange? normal

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Sounds like they used the green stuff but a little of the old orange stuff remained and mixed with it.
Just keep an eye on engine temperature. If it goes up take the car back and drained properly and refilled with the correct coolant.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
so nothing to worry about then?
Probably not but if it is a case of them mixing the orange and green coolants together this can cause overheating problems with the engine as the 2 coolants are not compatible and don't mix. That is why I suggested keeping an eye on the temperature.
There may have been a minimal amount of orange coolant in the reservoir which caused the orange tinge and which will probably not create a problem.

If you are concerned about it mention it or show it to to the dealer who did the work.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
This will probably answer much of you answers.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
400 Posts
I would have expected the dealer to have used VC3, it almost sounds like they topped it off with Prestone universal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2018 ford escape titanium 2.0.

dealer just installed a new long block and noticed its nolonger the orange color, its mainly green with a tint of orange? normal
I’m curious as to how long it took the dealer to get the parts. I need a long block in my 2015 2.0 Titanium. This was diagnosed in late September. About a month ago I was told that there was a15 week wait for parts. No word from them since.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
400 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m curious as to how long it took the dealer to get the parts. I need a long block in my 2015 2.0 Titanium. This was diagnosed in late September. About a month ago I was told that there was a15 week wait for parts. No word from them since.
i dropped my car off sept 14th and got it back oct 31st

·
Registered
7 Posts
i dropped my car off sept 14th and got it back oct 31st
I got a text from the dealer last Friday. It was “Just to let you know, your case is still open and we’re working on it.”
So I texted them back and asked what the estimate is on getting the necessary parts to replace this engine.
Here’s their answer: February. The freaking car was diagnosed with the problem in September! When I ask about the reason for the delay I get this: “Covid”.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Here’s their answer: February. The freaking car was diagnosed with the problem in September! When I ask about the reason for the delay I get this: “Covid”.
Not surprising. My wife works an automotive parts supplier. They didn't get people back until AUG or SEP. They still aren't up to full capacity. Part due to not enough room for distancing in some areas, and people not wanting to come back yet because of personal safety concerns.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts