2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hybrid Titanium w/ Premium Pkg 2.0 - Dark Persian Green
6 Posts
One of my favorite little details only works if you're using the Advanced Cruise Control or if you have the "following distance" driver assist feature enabled (this shows the vehicle in front of you even if you're not using the ACC and will show the distance between you and the car ahead as yellow or red if you get too close)
In normal and eco mode, the icon on the gauge cluster and the HUD will show a generic sedan in front of you (looks like the tail end of a fusion). If you use sport mode, the icon changes to show the back end of a Mustang. Super cute.

·
Registered
2020 Escape AWD Hybrid Titanium
593 Posts
Ford tell us about it in the OM, so I doubt there's a downside... besides forgetting to shift other cars to Park.
"Automatic Return to park
Your vehicle has a feature that shifts your vehicle into park (P) when any of the following conditions occur: ..."

·
Registered
2021 Sport Hybrid FWD SE
150 Posts
Ford tell us about it in the OM, so I doubt there's a downside... besides forgetting to shift other cars to Park.
"Automatic Return to park
Your vehicle has a feature that shifts your vehicle into park (P) when any of the following conditions occur: ..."
I watched it closely today, and it actually turns the knob as if someone was turning it. The first time I did it i just thought the LED moved, but no, the actual knob turns..I suspect there is no different letting the computer do it or you do it.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape hybrid Titanium - Red FWD
2 Posts
The Finger Lakes have some really steep hills. I came down one near Candice Lake today. Nothing like this occurred. Any chance you're going slow enough ("very slowly") that you're at the speed where on the hydraulic brakes take over from regen? Regen braking requires speed; you'll notice the regen kW drop as you get close to stopping. At 40 mph, the only issue with hill assist is a too-small HVB. (And yes, I would prefer a button, a la C-Max.)

There is a Hill Assist toggle under the Driver Assistance menu; scroll down.

We were going Very Slowly down a Very Steep hill. New River Gorge requires this.
I recently found that this can be turned off using the Settings, Driver Assist, Grade Assist (or similar). As you said. I was not looking for this to be accessible through the touch screen.

My 2020 always puts itself in Park, if I don't.
I've never seen it change mode automatically, and I've put it through it's paces in snow and ice. AWD comes and goes (it's always on from a stop) but not driving mode.

·
Registered
2020 AWD Titanium Hybrid
25 Posts
A couple of things I like are the hood release, the five driving modes, the low transmission gear selection for increased regenerative braking and engine breaking in snowy weather.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So, a few things I have noticed in my Escape recently.
  • Drive Modes: you can do donuts in the snow when in certain modes (Slippery, Deep Snow/Sand) Lol. You can also oversteer easily in those two modes :)
  • Testing Menu in your screen allowing those goofy mods like having a Lincoln blackline Menu layout
  • LED headlights: they ARE adaptive!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
So, a few things I have noticed in my Escape recently.
  • Drive Modes: you can do donuts in the snow when in certain modes (Slippery, Deep Snow/Sand) Lol. You can also oversteer easily in those two modes :)
  • Testing Menu in your screen allowing those goofy mods like having a Lincoln blackline Menu layout
  • LED headlights: they ARE adaptive!!!
Whats the "Testing Menu" you refer to? Haven't got the guts to use Forscan yet and just curious on what easter eggs are in the car! ;-)

·
Registered
48 Posts
hood release
What's the point of having to pull it twice? Not trying to be rude, I just don't get it. The first time I opened the hood I thought I didn't pull it far enough, so I gave it a second tug. Didn't think anything of it. Then the second time was when I noticed you have to pull it twice every time. Is it just so you don't have to manually move a latch under the hood?

---------------------

I'll put in a second vote for the large door panel storage. I want to see if I can 3D print some kind of little storage box so I can use it like a secret storage area, because I had the car for like a week until I noticed the extra cubby existed.

Also the large cup holders in the door are really nice. I like to carry Nalgenes and stuff which are usually too big for regular cup holders.

Also I noticed Doug Demuro joked about the little empty spot between the two main cup holders being a Red Bull holder, but it literally is the perfect size for the small Red Bull cans.

Oh ya and the card holder. It seems silly, but now I never have to dig through my glove box to find my national parks pass.

·
Premium Member
Persian Green 2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium
42 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the Federal government mandates a safety latch on hoods. As for the little hole between the cup holders we've found that to be the perfect fit for a bottle of hand sanitizer.

·
Registered
2020 AWD Titanium Hybrid
25 Posts
What's the point of having to pull it twice? Not trying to be rude, I just don't get it. The first time I opened the hood I thought I didn't pull it far enough, so I gave it a second tug. Didn't think anything of it. Then the second time was when I noticed you have to pull it twice every time. Is it just so you don't have to manually move a latch under the hood?

---------------------

I'll put in a second vote for the large door panel storage. I want to see if I can 3D print some kind of little storage box so I can use it like a secret storage area, because I had the car for like a week until I noticed the extra cubby existed.

Also the large cup holders in the door are really nice. I like to carry Nalgenes and stuff which are usually too big for regular cup holders.

Also I noticed Doug Demuro joked about the little empty spot between the two main cup holders being a Red Bull holder, but it literally is the perfect size for the small Red Bull cans.

View attachment 78702

Oh ya and the card holder. It seems silly, but now I never have to dig through my glove box to find my national parks pass.
First pull releases the hood, second pull releases the safety latch. No fumbling to find the safety latch.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is entertainment side only, not "engineering mode." The only useful thing I could find is the theme changes he demonstrates. Great if you need serial numbers...
It is! But still - something "extra", something undocumented.

·
Registered
2021 ST Line X Edition 190ps Diesel AWD in Lucid Red
12 Posts
Washer jet on rear view camera. To clean lens when reverse selected and rear wiper wash selected.

. Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
3 Posts
First post, just bought the car yesterday!

I'm intrigued by the large door panel storage but it seems like space that could easily go wasted -- if you have a 3D pattern please post it here, I'd love to use it but don't have the skills to put one together myself. Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Perhaps it was already discussed here: when you switch to Sport mode and have your radar/camera activated - your usual Fusion on the DIC becomes a Mustang!

·
Registered
2020 Hybrid Titanium AWD
6 Posts
Perhaps it was already discussed here: when you switch to Sport mode and have your radar/camera activated - your usual Fusion on the DIC becomes a Mustang!
It also changes from a Fusion to a Mustang on the HUD!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nifty details:
The default 'mode' for the shifter is 'return to park'. Unless you disable this, you can turn off the engine and it will shift back to park automatically for you.
I also like the pen clip in the console. A tiny detail, but it makes a difference.
Where is the pen Clip

I have not found that yet.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts