2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Where is the pen Clip

I have not found that yet.
Back right side of the cubby - couple of little foam fingers there to hold a pen vertical. Slightly too wide for an average pencil, but works fine for most pens. It is a nice touch 'cause otherwise, all pens end up on the bottom under everything.

But I think I am just going to drill a hole in the top of that wasted square protrubence in the left front of that box (where older models had a USB port). That will allow it to hold all sorts of pen or pencil shaped stuff, just like a pencil cup on a desk.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I will have to look at that today when I go outside I have not ever noticed it. And I just accidentally figured out that it puts itself back in park yesterday when I accidentally turned it off while it was still in drive.

·
Registered
2020 Escape SE Sport Hybrid (x4)
50 Posts
It also changes from a Fusion to a Mustang on the HUD!
It changes to a truck in some of the off-road modes as well. Can't remember if its an F-series or an Expedition.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It changes to a truck in some of the off-road modes as well. Can't remember if its an F-series or an Expedition.
I always use cruise control when I am off road.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Titanium
7 Posts
A feature I really like (and I think it is undocumented) is the visual feedback you get on the key fob when you remote start the car - green it started, red it didn't. So if I am too far away for the signal to reach I know to use the app.

·
Registered
103 Posts
First drive at night, had to test out the auto high beams.

Man.... They fricken fade on and off!!!! That's the coolest thing ever! WAY easier on the eyes, and also gives your eyes time to adjust instead of just blinking on and off highbeams.

They also work WAY better than the 2017 F-150's did, I can actually drive around my small town without them thinking they have to be on all the time.

I think the ambient lighting needs about 3 more steps from off to the first level of brightness though. The 12"Dash is too bright compared to the button backlighting i find as well too.

But i mean i love this thing more and more even with it's little quirks that have to be sorted out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
There's also a cool feature where the volume will automatically adjust when you stop and get going again. So that way you don't have to keep adjusting it due to road noise and stuff like that.

·
Registered
103 Posts
There's also a cool feature where the volume will automatically adjust when you stop and get going again. So that way you don't have to keep adjusting it due to road noise and stuff like that.
We're finding this is hit or miss. I turned it off today and have WAY better audio.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Reactions: WillMcK

·
Registered
55 Posts
Since I posted on what I don't like, I may as well list what I do like...
Didn't think I'd like it or use it much but I am really digging the HUD.
Play/Pause button (not on the '18)
Ability to turn on all the lights in the car (couldn't on the 18)
Auto lock/unlock on both door handles.
Auto Seat adjust (Easy Entry)
Larger Cup Holders
Minor but nice... The double pull on the hood release.

I'll add more as they jump out at me

·
Registered
2020 AWD Titanium Hybrid
25 Posts
Since I posted on what I don't like, I may as well list what I do like...
Didn't I'd like it or use it much but I am really digging the HUD.
Play/Pause button (not on the '18)
Ability to turn on all the lights in the car (couldn't on the 18)
Auto lock/unlock on both door handles.
Auto Seat adjust (Easy Entry)
Larger Cup Holders
Minor but nice... The double pull on the hood release.
I'll add more as they jump out at me
Cup holders are also “adaptive” squeezing the cup’s diameter, even in the back seat. Other cars have this feature in the front but not the back.

·
Registered
2020 Rapid Red Escape SE Sport Hybrid AWD
46 Posts
I will have to look at that today when I go outside I have not ever noticed it. And I just accidentally figured out that it puts itself back in park yesterday when I accidentally turned it off while it was still in drive.
Cool note on that. The shift wheel actually rotates back to park.

·
Registered
437 Posts
There are lots of good things about Escape but the main great thing for me back when I bought it and 9 month later is how the car drives/handles (applies to 2L turbo only). There are simply no other SUVs in this segment and price range that can do that.

Reactions: WillMcK

·
Registered
29 Posts
Lou Sevens here- great thread so far! I am about 10 days in- what I like a lot so far is
1) The speed limit sign scanner- loved traffic signs as a kid.
2) BLIS orange flashing in the mirrors (very helpful)
3) I have a regular but it seems to start a little quicker than my prior Fusion
4) B&O audio is very good- i have my Sirius at 3 and it is still plenty of volume, I am going to work in one of my phones so I can directly play my library.
5) rear camera- didn't have this before
6) Active X with Miko Suede- the driver's seat seems curved a little like my work chair- comfortable
7) being able to just touch the door when I open- helpful when carrying a Pizza or Big Macs

41 - 60 of 62 Posts