2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Ford Escape SE 1.6 Ecoboost 2WD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I’m new to the forum.
I have a 2013 escape with roughly 107,500 miles. I’ve had it for 4 months. There’s been a slow but annoying coolant leak since the second week I’ve had it. It doesn’t lose much but loses enough to trip the low coolant warning message. Don’t see any leaks anywhere else. No misfires or smoke out of the exhaust. No performance issues or head gasket issues I’ve noticed. I thought it was the coolant reservoir, since it looked like there’s cracks in it but when I installed the new one the leak became a geyser, seemed to be puking out of the hose coming from the standpipe. I put the old one back on for now. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. I’ve done as much as I can aside from pulling the plugs, but I doubt it’s head gasket related.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,910 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Is it a 1.6l EcoBoost? There have been numerous cooling system upgrades to them via recalls/ TSB's - perhaps you got the wrong coolant reservoir? If it is the 1.6l check all the recalls have been done.

There's a thread on here regarding a coolant pipe on the trans side that commonly fails/ leaks too. Searching may find it.

Reactions: Tall Timbers

·
Registered
2013 Ford Escape SE 1.6 Ecoboost 2WD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum.

Is it a 1.6l EcoBoost? There have been numerous cooling system upgrades to them via recalls/ TSB's - perhaps you got the wrong coolant reservoir? If it is the 1.6l check all the recalls have been done.

There's a thread on here regarding a coolant pipe on the trans side that commonly fails/ leaks too. Searching may find it.
It is indeed a 1.6l. I’ve read a few recalls and TSBs. I assumed all were fixed prior to me buying it. I’ll look around for the thread. As far as the hoses/pipes go I’ve looked over all the ones I can see/feel without removing anything.
I have noticed the bottom of the degas bottle has been getting some what wet from what appears to be coolant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts