2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the cooling fan on my out of warranty 2014 Ford Escape with a 2.0L Ecoboost. Have already purchased a new Motorcraft assembly on eBay but am unsure what steps I need to follow to remove the old assembly. Would love to talk to anyone that has done this or knows the steps involved.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I need to replace the cooling fan on my out of warranty 2014 Ford Escape with a 2.0L Ecoboost. Have already purchased a new Motorcraft assembly on eBay but am unsure what steps I need to follow to remove the old assembly. Would love to talk to anyone that has done this or knows the steps involved.
By "cooling fan" do you mean the HVAC blower or the radiator fan?

·
Registered
3,147 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies. I did manage to get the old cooling fan assembly replaced. Was surprised that I had to remove the front bumper cover and lower valance in order to drop the lower radiator support. Bought the new fan assembly on eBay for about half of what my local Ford dealer quoted me for the exact same Motorcraft part.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Thanks for your replies. I did manage to get the old cooling fan assembly replaced. Was surprised that I had to remove the front bumper cover and lower valance in order to drop the lower radiator support. Bought the new fan assembly on eBay for about half of what my local Ford dealer quoted me for the exact same Motorcraft part.
Not surprised about the bumper cover, seems you have to take that off for many things, like removing the headlamps...

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E AWD
5,341 Posts
^^^ Darold is re-building late model salvage FE's that had crash damage, that's why it's "out of warranty" and probably had some fan damage come up ^^^

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where did you get steps to follow or did you have chiltons guide?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts