2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Escape Titanium White Platinum 400A, 2015 Escape Titanium White Platinum 300A
15 Posts
What sold us on the '19 Titanium (brand new leftover) vs. the '20 Titanium (brand new), is that the '19 had the 400A package (moon roof, tow package, tan interior), which had way more than our '15 Titanium. While the '20 Titanium (401 package ) pretty much had the same features as the '19, it just didn't do it for us...it didn't "pop" in our view (even after a test drive). Looking smaller, and feeling smaller, didn't help either. Our '15 Titanium (which we still have) may have spoiled us in eventually staying with the Gen 3 Escape, but in the end, we simply was not impressed with the '20 Titanium.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I had a 4G Escape SE for a day while my 2018 was in for the 19b37 Field Service Action this spring and I wrote up my quick impression here. The interior was of acceptable quality for me and actually felt roomier than my 3G SEL.
But the biggest turnoff for me is the driving dynamics. The 4G I drove for 67 miles on varied surfaces had the 3 cylinder motor with cylinder deactivation(!) and it made an annoyingly loud, booming drone at suburban speeds, as it shifted through its 8 gears at too low an rpm.
I haven't driven any of the competitor makes to compare, but I doubt that their interior acoustics are as bad as the 2020 Escape with 3cyl's. Maybe I drove a bad one or the 8spd auto hadn't had time to "learn" its shift points (it was just put into loaner service), but if I was in the market for a compact SUV, the CD2-based Escape & Bronco Sport 3cyl's would get a hard pass.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looking at the chart one thing screams out...both Escape and Rogue are popular for car rental yards and both are down by huge numbers. Car rental industry got hit hard this year and doubt they are buying as many vehicles.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
What sold us on the '19 Titanium (brand new leftover) vs. the '20 Titanium (brand new), is that the '19 had the 400A package (moon roof, tow package, tan interior), which had way more than our '15 Titanium. While the '20 Titanium (401 package ) pretty much had the same features as the '19, it just didn't do it for us...it didn't "pop" in our view (even after a test drive). Looking smaller, and feeling smaller, didn't help either. Our '15 Titanium (which we still have) may have spoiled us in eventually staying with the Gen 3 Escape, but in the end, we simply was not impressed with the '20 Titanium.
Same, could not make it work like when I had bought my previous gen escape! I went CX-5

Reactions: ajef7885

·
Registered
58 Posts
Most auto-makers are down about 20-25 average% I read, but it's no coincidence that the newly redesigned Escape is down almost 50% (almost 65% in Canada).

I myself didn't opt for the new escape because of the design. It just screams 'Focus'. Perhaps Ford should have waited and continued producing the other gen for another year until the Bronco was made available to fill the gap. It was selling very well with the Sport Appearance package.

The article does not mention that the Escape has been newly redesigned and that could be a HUGE factor.

I'm sure many agree the interior of the new Escape is subpar, exterior is OK but nothing WOWING. Like many I find the rear nicer than the front....

I think the Hybrid / electric will help. Toyota Rav 4 Prime can't make em fast enough here in Canada. They are only available in Quebec province as Toyota can't keep up with demand.
Grain of salt.... the Louisville plant was closed for several months, and production restarted, at a low capacity, on June 8th. My local Ford dealer had a tough time getting stock during the shutdown, and it now just getting deliveries. A dealer a few towns over had low stock during Q2, but Q3 was able to get a lot of them.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts