2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a cracked engine block at 22,000 miles. Fords covered it. Did anyone else have the problem, had to do with Fords design change on plans of the coolant tubes going thru somewhere a mechanic told us. Fords had my car for 8 weeks. I had a loaner.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My engine just needed replacing at aout 44k miles. (It's still in the shop as I write this...) Not sure if it was a cracked engine block as the service advisor hasn't been very communicative. They've had my Escape since December 27. It was finally supposed to be done today, but they said it needs a new axle because the axle seized up from heat from the engine. (The axle had not seized up when I dropped it off).

They told me Ford has had a few mis-casts on Escape engines, mostly on the 2015 model but a few on the 2018s.

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
My engine just needed replacing at aout 44k miles. (It's still in the shop as I write this...) Not sure if it was a cracked engine block as the service advisor hasn't been very communicative. They've had my Escape since December 27. It was finally supposed to be done today, but they said it needs a new axle because the axle seized up from heat from the engine. (The axle had not seized up when I dropped it off).

They told me Ford has had a few mis-casts on Escape engines, mostly on the 2015 model but a few on the 2018s.
What engine? 1.5 or 2.0

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
I had a cracked engine block at 22,000 miles. Fords covered it. Did anyone else have the problem, had to do with Fords design change on plans of the coolant tubes going thru somewhere a mechanic told us. Fords had my car for 8 weeks. I had a loaner.
What engine?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts