2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
17 escape titanium just bought today. I love the car, the only minor detail that I dislike is that the cruise control reads in kph instead of mph. Im thinking it must be a re-import from Canada. I am unable to find the option to do so in the instrument cluster settings and sync settings. The settings that I do find are for the speedometer to switch from kph/mph and fuel efficiency but no cruise control. Is there a way to change it to MPH?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Not sure it will work but did you try sync ...settings...general....distance and alter it to miles from there?
Does the Speedo itself apart from the digital setting, read in kph or mph?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure it will work but did you try sync ...settings...general....distance and alter it to miles from there?
Does the Speedo itself apart from the digital setting, read in kph or mph?
I have tried Sync, It does not work =(

yes, I can switch the digital speedometer from kph to mph and vice versa with no problem. Its just the cruise control setting in the upper right corner of the screen that is the problem

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I have tried Sync, It does not work =(

yes, I can switch the digital speedometer from kph to mph and vice versa with no problem. Its just the cruise control setting in the upper right corner of the screen that is the problem
The other thing you could check on the dash menu settings is to see if it is set to mpg and not litres per 100km but you have probably done this.

Others here may know if this can be altered by Forscan as there may be a way to change the Country in the system as it looks like you are correct and it was a Canadian import and factory set this way.

My research on this Ford forum and others indicates that many others in the US have the same problem with Canadian imports.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
722 Posts
Your only shot on a re-import is to find the correct US cluster with lower miles and then correct the mileage using ForScan.
I know a dealer can raise the mileage on a cluster using IDS, but many won't do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The other thing you could check on the dash menu settings is to see if it is set to mpg and not litres per 100km but you have probably done this.

Others here may know if this can be altered by Forscan as there may be a way to change the Country in the system as it looks like you are correct and it was a Canadian import and factory set this way.

My research on this Ford forum and others indicates that many others in the US have the same problem with Canadian imports.
I will take a look into forscan, I have never used it before so there will be a little bit of a learning curve. If I cant change it via forscan I think I will learn to live with it instead of changing out my cluster.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My 2017 is a Canadian import. Beautiful vehicle. I've gotten used to it, helped me with my kph vs mph. Now I just set it and know where I'm at.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts