2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Wondering if you have tips on how I can diagnose my Windshield Fluid not dispensing on my 2018 Escape. I've tried filling the reservoir (it didn't take a whole ton to fill so I know it wasn't empty), It has been cold the last couple of days but I've always put in the -32F stuff even in summer, and I don't think it's a fuse issue because I do hear a click when I trigger them and I would assume if its a fuse issue I wouldn't hear anything right? It's affecting both front and rear windshield wash spraying. Is there anything I'm not thinking of?

I fear it's the pump because aside from the click when I trigger them I don't hear the sound of a pump trying to push fluid.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
If you hear the washer pump motor running its not the pump!
It is a plugged screen that is easy to remove and clean. you have to remove the pump to get to the screen.
Mine was all gunked up with slime.
turn steering wheel all the way to the left and remove some screws or plugs on the inner fender it is easy to get to.
there are youtube videos that show you how to remove it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you hear the washer pump motor running its not the pump!
It is a plugged screen that is easy to remove and clean. you have to remove the pump to get to the screen.
Mine was all gunked up with slime.
turn steering wheel all the way to the left and remove some screws or plugs on the inner fender it is easy to get to
That's the thing though I don't hear it running, I just hear a click, and thats it, if I hold the lever in it doesn't keep making noise. Is the motor easy to get to?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,910 Posts
You'd want to unplug the motor and check voltage is getting to the plug.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help guys. Embarrassingly enough it actually was frozen. The next morning when I was getting ready to bring it to my mechanic I decided to try it again and this time a very tiny bit splurted out and I could hear the pump running leading me to believe it actually was frozen. The only thing I can come up with is that the dealership must have put some of the cheap crap in there sometime in summer when it was there and I just didn't use enough to fully get rid of it. I ended up buying a heater and letting that run near my car and it melted it so I emptied it out and filled it back up with the good stuff.

Thanks for the suggestions!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts