2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use to own a 2013 Escape with a 2.0 liter engine. I later got rid of the stock airbox for one that left the air filter exposed to the open air (instead of of it be in cased like before) and it really opened up the noise level of the intake and the stock blow off valve. It's like my car had a stuffy nose all the sudden I gave it a couple of Halls cough drops and it just opened up the air passages.

I now own a 2019 Escape with the updated 2.0 liter and I put on the Ford Focus RS intake which partially exposes the air filter to the open air. When I stepped on it the car was as no where as loud as the previous experience and the blow off valve didn't sound as aggressive as well. Stepped on it on the street and there was a little woosh but nothing like before.

Did Ford do something to make sure things stayed quite or did the early model of Escapes have the noise symposer and then got rid of it in later models?

If anyone knows let me know.

In all honesty I don't can live without the noise. Maybe it's a sign of my age but that mod bug still bites strong.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I’m pretty sure the noise synopses/tube was only a Mustang trick. Could be the active noise cancellation improved, but it’s also a very different engine in 2019. My 2016 is pretty quiet, aside from the normal GDI noise if I have the windows open

1 - 2 of 2 Posts