2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

221 - 228 of 228 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
6,519 Posts
Will I be able to reset the BMS with "FORSCAN LITE" app on android phone and bluetooth. and the ELM327 bluetooth? I have read so many posts with conflicting answers I am totally burned out. I do not have a laptop. Or what other android app will Simply Reset the BMS? Thank's
I merged your new thread to the existing thread you had replied in already. No use starting a new thread.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,019 Posts
Will I be able to reset the BMS with "FORSCAN LITE" app on android phone and bluetooth. and the ELM327 bluetooth?
There's a way to do it with a sequence of button pushes - not using ForScan. A few people on different forums have said it has worked for them. Searching through some older threads should find it.

·
Registered
537 Posts
There's a way to do it with a sequence of button pushes - not using ForScan. A few people on different forums have said it has worked for them. Searching through some older threads should find it.
Has pushing buttons, flashing the headlights 3x, chanting an incantation in Latin, LOL, ever been proven it works to reset the BMS?
Last time I changed my battery I used this and ForScan on my laptop to reset the BMS. US $16.17 10% OFF|bbfly BF32302 ELM327 USB modified FTDI chip OBD2 Forscan ELMconfig HS CAN / MS CAN OBD|elm327 usb|chip obd2obd2 chip - AliExpress
Also available from Amazon for a few bucks more: https://www.amazon.com/bbfly-BF3230...Mconfig-Forscan/dp/B01N9R9QS2?ref_=ast_sto_dp

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
Has pushing buttons, flashing the headlights 3x, chanting an incantation in Latin, LOL, ever been proven it works to reset the BMS?
Last time I changed my battery I used this and ForScan on my laptop to reset the BMS. US $16.17 10% OFF|bbfly BF32302 ELM327 USB modified FTDI chip OBD2 Forscan ELMconfig HS CAN / MS CAN OBD|elm327 usb|chip obd2obd2 chip - AliExpress
Also available from Amazon for a few bucks more: https://www.amazon.com/bbfly-BF3230...Mconfig-Forscan/dp/B01N9R9QS2?ref_=ast_sto_dp
Not from anything I have read.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
All these various methods of manually resetting the BMS are supposed to cause the battery light on the dash to flash 3 times thus resetting it.
However the battery light may flash 3 times to warn us not to stuff around with all the buttons etc. for all we know.
As I mentioned before the only way to test if these methods actually work is to check with Forscan after trying one of these 'methods' to see if the battery days in service have actually been reset back to zero.

Reactions: ralph7up

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,019 Posts
Yes, I've read in the past people have got the battery light to flash 3 times and that indicates it has worked. I recall someone verified via checking "Days in Service" on ForScan.

Reactions: wiz043

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not from anything I have read.
I merged your new thread to the existing thread you had replied in already. No use starting a new thread.
I contacted
Yes, I've read in the past people have got the battery light to flash 3 times and that indicates it has worked. I recall someone verified via checking "Days in Service" on ForScan.
Yes, I flashed high beams 5 times, hit brakes 3 and battery light flashed 3 times. My car is a 2014 escape 2.0. I purchased an ELM 327 and downloaded forscan light and hooked it up today, and after a couple hours fiddeling around with it, I found a button to push that was to reset the BMS and it come back with a line that said the BMS had been reset, but with the forscan lite I couldn't find where it said it was back to 0. I've screwed with this thing off and on for 3 day's, at this point, I give up if it didn't work. MM

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I contacted

Yes, I flashed high beams 5 times, hit brakes 3 and battery light flashed 3 times. My car is a 2014 escape 2.0. I purchased an ELM 327 and downloaded forscan light and hooked it up today, and after a couple hours fiddeling around with it, I found a button to push that was to reset the BMS and it come back with a line that said the BMS had been reset, but with the forscan lite I couldn't find where it said it was back to 0. I've screwed with this thing off and on for 3 day's, at this point, I give up if it didn't work. MM
Sounds like it reset ok... ;)

221 - 228 of 228 Posts