2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've looked at now a couple used escapes and am curious if anyone has received the keyless entry code with a used escape if bought from a ford dealership? is it SOP for them to remove this from all vehicles so they can charge you to "retrieve" it?

also, when I went to retrieve the code on the one escape from the fuse box sticker, there was a random loose small speaker sitting on the footwell liner under the dash?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased a 2014 from a non Ford dealer. When I asked the question regarding the keyless entry i heard crickets.:( Fortunately when I took the vehicle home there was a code tag in a plastic window of the owners manual cover.
As for the loose speaker. I can't answer that as I had no need to go the glove box removal route to get the code.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi, I've looked at now a couple used escapes and am curious if anyone has received the keyless entry code with a used escape if bought from a ford dealership? is it SOP for them to remove this from all vehicles so they can charge you to "retrieve" it?

also, when I went to retrieve the code on the one escape from the fuse box sticker, there was a random loose small speaker sitting on the footwell liner under the dash?
I think a reputable dealer would remove or reset whatever code the previous owner had, and offer to get the old code for you free of charge. The OEM code stays in the memory regardless of what codes are added . A new code does not overwrite or lock out the factory code, however. I just opened mine with the factory code even though I have personalized code programmed.

Imagine that person seeing their "old " car in a parking lot after you bought it and maybe see if their old code still works and retrieve your garage door opener or cell phone charging up for a later date...

RE: speaker- Was it wired and affixed somehow, or just sitting loose? Wired in, it may be part of a noise cancelling system. An NCS will pick up the interior sounds from the microphone and reproduce them 180º out of phase which cancels each other out. This is tuned so that road noise is cancelled out but voice frequencies carry during a hands-free call.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts