2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed the little black knob stud things on the intake manifold, that an engine cover would plug into. And no engine cover. So those studs lead me to believe there is supposed to be a cover? And mine was forgotten or something?

·
Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
2,590 Posts
6/2020 They made the decision to only put them on the Ti trim due to a parts shortage, after that it was hit or miss on the other trims.
The job that began in 9/2020 the covers were a factory delete across all trims.
You can still order one from Ford parts if you want to put one on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wondering why my new 2022 escape PHEV’s engine does not have an engine cover. It has the plastic male anchor points on top of the engine, but no cover. I have seen pictures online of the engine bay some with and some without the cover. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
There are many threads regarding this. Some 4G models have it and some do not, there does not seem to be a pattern.
Apparently the anchors are there for them and you can buy the covers from Ford if you wish.

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
6,227 Posts
Just wondering why my new 2022 escape PHEV’s engine does not have an engine cover. It has the plastic male anchor points on top of the engine, but no cover. I have seen pictures online of the engine bay some with and some without the cover. Any ideas?
I merged your thread with one of the existing threads on this.

·
Registered
2021 Escape Titanium PHEV
87 Posts
The engine cover (installed on my 2021 Escape PHEV)
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive air manifold

is made from 1” thick molded foamed rubber. The thick and relative heavy rubber cover absorbs some of the engine noise and makes the engine slightly quieter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The engine cover (installed on my 2021 Escape PHEV) View attachment 82145
is made from 1” thick molded foamed rubber. The thick and relative heavy rubber cover absorbs some of the engine noise and makes the engine slightly quieter.
Was it installed from the factory or did you add it. I went to my local ford dealer today and was told they could not even find a part number for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
6/2020 They made the decision to only put them on the Ti trim due to a parts shortage, after that it was hit or miss on the other trims.
The job that began in 9/2020 the covers were a factory delete across all trims.
You can still order one from Ford parts if you want to put one on.
Ford told me today they couldn’t even order one as it doesn’t have a part number.

·
Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
2,590 Posts
The 2.0L is K2GZ-6A949-A
The 1.5L is JX6Z-6A949-B
The 2.5L is LX6Z-6A949-B

·
Registered
2021 Escape Titanium PHEV
87 Posts
What fasteners are you referring to? I already have the male fasteners on the engine, does the cover not come with the females already installed?
You need a ball stud installed on the engine in an existing threaded hole to hold the back left corner of the engine cover and a threaded stud installed on the engine in an existing threaded hole, and a nut to hold the back right corner of the engine cover. Two plastic ball studs are already on the engine for holding the front two corners of the engine cover.
Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
LX6Z*6A949*B​
Cover​
$75.13​
1​
$75.13​
W714647S450B​
Engine Cover Stud​