2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a 2017 Ford escape and I noticed when I lock the door with the key fob the door lock LED stays on for at least 5 minutes before it goes out. Is this normal?

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Just to be clear, where is the LED located? By the door handle or by the radio controls?

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Just checked mine and both doors stay on for at least a minute. I wasn'twilling to sit there for 5 minutes. Sounds normal to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I believe it's normal. I seen an older guy sitting in the parking lot at Walmart and ask him to test his and it did the same thing. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
If I had to guess, it is normal and tied to how long the electronics stay on after the ignition is shut off. I would bet that if you did a test of the USB port, you would find that it goes off at the same time.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Yes, the little orange door light stays on for 5 minutes or so but I wasn't sure about the USB ports.
So I got in the car and locked it with the fob and after around 5 minutes the orange lights went out. So I then turned on sync with my USB plugged music which worked so apparently the USB ports are still live along with the 12V cig. lighter port, at least in my car.

Not sure that is definate proof of the USB ports always being live or whether human intervention alters the situation under my test circumstances?

These same orange door lights also come on when you lock yourself in the car with the button next to them on the door for safety whilst driving so it's no different I suppose except in that case they probably stay on til you unlock or get out of the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts