2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
2,926 Posts
That will happen on any car depending on weather, rain before a temp drop, etc, there are no weatherstrip heaters.
Easy solution is to spray hair spray on the weather stripping at the start of winter.

· Premium Member
354 Posts
I use a product called 303 Aerospace Protectant, or you can use a little silicone spray on a clean rag to wipe the weatherstripping on all the doors. Go easy, don't need much.

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use a product called 303 Aerospace Protectant, or you can use a little silicone spray on a clean rag to wipe the weatherstripping on all the doors. Go easy, don't need much.
I also use silicon based solvents for those things, but it's not the weather-stripping. It's either the latch or the massive spots around the door. I put some white lithium on the latch and it still did it.

· Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
2,926 Posts
The door latch you would soak with WD40 (Water Displacer 40 it's what it was developed for) to get the water out of it, white litium is just going to coat the outer surfaces.
Is the latch freezing or the weatherstripping?
Weatherstripping you would unlock, pull on the door handle and the top of the door at the same time.
Usually when the latch freezes you get bounce back (door won't latch when you close it).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts