2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Bought a 2020 Escape Titanium 2.0L recently. Very impressive car so far.

A few questions:

1. Is there a way to set the Drive Mode to "Sport" and have it save that setting between trips? e.g. make it the default? It is a pain to have to select it each time.

2. The transmission selector rotary "wheel" is a strange design choice. I own several other cars that have a rotary wheel in the same location, but they are used to scroll through menus on the screen . Since this wheel is the transmission gear selector, I assume Ford has some sort of software intelligence that would prevent you from shifting into "R" or "P" when not at a complete stop? e.g. if you were driving along and forgot and just started turning the selector wheel.

TIA.

·
Registered
2020 Escape SE Sport Hybrid (x4)
27 Posts
I would hope so, but I dare not test it. Most normal cars will let you shift into neutral without doing anything, but wont let you hit reverse without pressing the button on the shifter. Being a rotary shifter the button does not exist.
I would hope and pray that engineers thought of this, but I have 'ground' gears when in neutral due to a "press L to stay in neutral" message which does engage Low before remaining in neutral - not good if you are rolling.

There is some level of control exerted over the shifter as turning the vehicle off when in stopped but still in drive will result in the shifter rotating automatically into Park, and the fact that you can't spin the knob when the car is off.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Same in my 20 Rav4 and Highlander it will reset back to Normal after each drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts