2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a continuation in the saga of all of my cars seem to have small stupid issues, this one has a problem where the driver side blindspot light will just turn on and off on its own when there is no car in the blindspot. I have owned 4 different Fords between the 2016-2017 model years with BLIS and none of them have done this. It seems to happen mostly on the highway when in the left lane with a wall to my left, and on residential streets at slow speeds. I don't know why it happens, but the passenger side doesn't do this. There is no calibration for the sensors.

Does anyone else with a G4 notice the same thing?

The WSM only has diagnostics for a light that stays on continuously...not one that turns on sometimes when nothing is there.

This will be something I ask them to look into on my dealer trip soon but I'm pretty sure they'll tell me nothing is wrong. I may see if there is a SODR/L firmware update with UCDS when I remember to grab it from my office.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine often detects walls or sometimes even strongly contrasted shadows as “something in the blind spot”.

move never owned a vehicle with BLIS before so I’m not sure if it’s a glitch or they have the sensitivity too high. It doesn’t bother me if it’s the latter, since I wouldn’t be turning left if there is a wall left of me anyway, and technically that wall IS in the blind spot.

my old Chrysler had issues with shadows around sunset causing the headlights to blink. And my wife’s Chevy has a much more annoying problem of thinking a shadow on the road ahead (or change in pavement color) was an object that requires setting off the collision alert.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It only bothers me at night. When its really dark and it just blasts on suddenly. Its just weird to me because none of my other Fords with BLIS did it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts