2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ford Escape SE Hybird
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2021 Ford Escape SE Hybrid has about 200 miles on it. It was nice and tight when we test drove it at the dealership; it didn't have any squeaks or rattles on the 50 mile drive home. But today when we got into the vehicle there was a rattle in the driver door area. It sounds as if it is right at my (the driver's) ear. It doesn't seem to matter if the window is up or down. The outside temperature hasn't changed a lot since we got the car. We haven't hit any big bumps that might have shaken something loose. I'm reluctant to take it into the dealer already and wonder if they can do a decent job identifying a rattle in the door. I hate to think of a mechanic taking the door panel off just to check things out. Does anyone have a suggestion about things I can check or how to trouble shoot this?

·
Registered
81 Posts
The trim around my seatbelt tensioner thing was loose and sort of rattled - had to snap it back in

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,714 Posts
My 2021 Ford Escape SE Hybrid has about 200 miles on it. It was nice and tight when we test drove it at the dealership; it didn't have any squeaks or rattles on the 50 mile drive home. But today when we got into the vehicle there was a rattle in the driver door area. It sounds as if it is right at my (the driver's) ear. It doesn't seem to matter if the window is up or down. The outside temperature hasn't changed a lot since we got the car. We haven't hit any big bumps that might have shaken something loose. I'm reluctant to take it into the dealer already and wonder if they can do a decent job identifying a rattle in the door. I hate to think of a mechanic taking the door panel off just to check things out. Does anyone have a suggestion about things I can check or how to trouble shoot this?
Since your car is so new, you should be taking it back to the dealer to get this fixed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone. I do plan to take it to a dealer, but my experience is that very few dealers have a repairman who is good enough to identify and repair squeaks and rattles. Their approach is either to pretend they don't hear it or to tear everything apart looking for the problem. In the latter case I've had more cars come back from the dealer with more squeaks and rattles than it went in with -- and they didn't fix the original rattle to boot. So I'm looking for suggestions about possible causes so I can point the dealer in the right direction before they destroy my car looking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comment. It sounds like my problem. Discouraging that they could never find the problem. I'm going to wait a couple thousand miles then take it in to the dealer with a list of problems. (Knock wood: this is the only one so far.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
In my experience, rattles never come from where you think they are coming from, and often end up being something I did rather than the car itself ... something I out in the ash tray or glove box, for example.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts