2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I bought my 2020 SEL AWD / 2.0 I have looked for aftermarket springs. I called and checked around, but no one was making them. One of the calls was to Eibach. They asked if I had any interest in them saving my number for call back to use my vehicle for R&D. I said that would be great, but I didn't think I would hear back from them so soon. Well I got a call out of the blue for just that, and I head that way Wednesday morning to drop off the vehicle. I was told they would have it for 2 days and will be test fitting lift and lowering springs on it.

Edit: This is it with 2020 Ford Edge wheels and tires, which make raised the vehicle just about a half in from stock. The OE wheel doesn't lend itself well to wider tires, and I don't really care for aftermarket wheels.
The OE wheels specs: 18x7 with 50mm offset / 225-60R18 Tires.
The Edge wheels specs: 18x8 with 52.5mm offset / 245-60R18 Tires.
They fit, hub centric, no modding, no rubbing. The plan is to go to a 245-50R18 tire after lowered.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Not all heroes wear capes. Thank you!

Can you ask if they would make anything from the 3G Escapes?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,748 Posts
Can you ask if they would make anything from the 3G Escapes?
They already do. Search in the 3G section- I've got them on mine and they also suit up to the 2019 3G. Keep this thread on the 4G topic. ;)

Reactions: Hitokiri

·
Super Moderator
2,748 Posts
Since I bought my 2020 SEL AWD / 2.0 I have looked for aftermarket springs. I called and checked around, but no one was making them. One of the calls was to Eibach. They asked if I had any interest in them saving my number for call back to use my vehicle for R&D. I said that would be great, but I didn't think I would hear back from them so soon. Well I got a call out of the blue for just that, and I head that way Wednesday morning to drop off the vehicle. I was told they would have it for 2 days and will be test fitting lift and lowering springs on it. View attachment 78050
So you have/haven't had it done yet and is that the stock height or lowered? I'm guessing lowered or the 4G sits a lot lower from the factory?

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
They already do. Search in the 3G section- I've got them on mine and they also suit up to the 2019 3G. Keep this thread on the 4G topic. ;)
Thank you! It's a great world.

Reactions: murcod

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So you have/haven't had it done yet and is that the stock height or lowered? I'm guessing lowered or the 4G sits a lot lower from the factory?
I deliver it to be done on Wednesday. This is stock suspension with Edge wheels/tires that are just a bit taller than stocks about half an inch. I have no idea if the 3G sits higher from the factory.

·
Super Moderator
2,748 Posts
This is stock suspension with Edge wheels/tires that are just a bit taller than stocks about half an inch.
Ah, okay. Those larger diameter tyres would explain why it looks lowered.

Have they mentioned how much they are planning on lowering it? You might want to mention the non standard tyre size to them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah, okay. Those larger diameter tyres would explain why it looks lowered.

Have they mentioned how much they are planning on lowering it? You might want to mention the non standard tyre size to them.
I was told 1 to 2 inches, with the back being lowered slightly more than the front to reduce the rake, I am guessing i'll see about 1.5 lower in front and 1.8 lower in the rear. I really hope they don't lower the rear too much, I am a fan of how it sits, I think the rear lowered more than the front would make it look saggy. As for the tires, have swapped the stock rims and tires back on to it.

·
Registered
2020, SEL, AWD
5 Posts
I'd be super interested in a 1.5" or so lift. Assuming this 4G escape will have as good or better all wheel drive than my 2013 2.0L AWD. Now just to find the same guys that were making skid plates for the 3G and Kuga. Not planning on any serious off roading, but with luggy tires, a brush guard on the front and a bit of a lift this will get me to backcountry fishing / camping spots with ease.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright, it's done!

With the stock rims (18x7) and 225-60R18 tires:
Height at fender before lowering in front was 31 3/4" and rear was 32 5/8" for about a 7/8" rake.
Height at fender after lowering in front is 30" and rear is 30 and 3/4" for about a 3/4" rake.

With the Edge rims (18x8) and 245-50R18 tires:
Height at fender in front 29 1/4" and rear is 30". for about 3/4" rake.

I like it, it rides and drives great. Tell me what you think.

·
Super Moderator
2,748 Posts
Are they a mixture of before and after pictures- it doesn't look much different to me?

Stock

Lowered?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are they a mixture of before and after pictures- it doesn't look much different to me?

Stock

Lowered?
That is correct. The top photo here is stock height with 245/60r18, bottom is lowered with 245/50r18.

All pictures on post 10 were taken after the lowering, with the 245/50's. All pictures posted prior are stock height.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Thanks for being the guinea pig for all of us. Looks great!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts