2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
@Paws112 Yes, format the USB drive before putting any files on it. Use FAT32 and not NTSF when you format. When you update the Sync 2/MFT version, only put that on the USB thumb drive. Then delete the file and reformat the thumb drive again before installing the NAV files. Sometimes Sync will get finicky when reading the USB drive or it will make you isntall the NAV a few times before it shows the differences on the screen (as it did with me), but it will work
Thanks. also the video states to reset the sync once updated to 3.1 ???

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
@Paws112 Correct. More info is on the first page or two of this thread. It takes a few minutes to do the full reset. You'll lose your favorite radio and satellite stations and other minor settings you may have had on Sync, but re-entering them is a minor inconvenience. Also do another reset of Sync after you do the initial install of the NAV software. Then when you reboot it, follow the steps to activate the Navipatch. You may need one last reset of Sync after that just to play it safe, but you should see the small compass and navigation listed (and functional by clicking) after you initiate the Navipatch...but just be sure to have the maps SD care installed and locked in place first before you click on the navigation quadrant of the screen.

Reactions: Paws112

·
Registered
6 Posts
@Paws112 Correct. More info is on the first page or two of this thread. It takes a few minutes to do the full reset. You'll lose your favorite radio and satellite stations and other minor settings you may have had on Sync, but re-entering them is a minor inconvenience. Also do another reset of Sync after you do the initial install of the NAV software. Then when you reboot it, follow the steps to activate the Navipatch. You may need one last reset of Sync after that just to play it safe, but you should see the small compass and navigation listed (and functional by clicking) after you initiate the Navipatch...but just be sure to have the maps SD care installed and locked in place first before you click on the navigation quadrant of the screen.
Thank you so much. The words master reset kinda makes me cringe!! LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys, I successfully installed a sync 2 system in my UK spec Kuga which was running sync 1. Not an easy task putting in sync 2.

When I installed the navi patch, success came with the small compass and insert SD card. Inserting the SD card just brought up SD card error. I managed to fix this by means of an update and already knew about this potential issue through our UK Kuga forum.

For those who are attempting to install navigation it is better to have version 3.08 than 3.1. If you already have 3.1 then fine but if you need to update sync then it's best to upgrade to 3.08.

If you get to the point where it says insert SD and is says SD card error then you need some upgrade files for it to work. These links should solve anyone who has problems.

Remember also that all install files need to be on the root directory of the usb drive. The root directory is the first window you see when you click on whatever drive number your usb stick is. Drive D, E or F normally. If there isn't an autoinstall file on this directory it is not going to load anything.

For anyone who wants to add the navigation instructions to the instrument cluster then you need to do this using Forscan.

The block to change is:

7D0-01-02: ####-#X##-####

That's the 6th digit in this block on the APIM but I am unable to tell you what yours needs to be as your Escape may have a different spec to here in the UK.

In the UK that number would be a 7 for the nav repeater to show in the instrument cluster.

Have a look and see what number you have, make a note of the FULL block, take a picture write it down and try changing to a 7. If it works fine.

DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING without either taking a back up or taking a screen shot. You do this at your own risk.

Reactions: needliftnow

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just to add to the above I see at least one of you has queried how to get directions in the instrument cluster. I know this feature can be added using Forscan as I previously mentioned but after installing my sync 2 and adding navigation, which my sync 1 didn't have, I thought I would have a look at the menu for the instrument cluster and I noticed that in Display settings I have an option for navigation. I put a tick in the box and "hey presto", navigation details in the instrument cluster where the car display normally is. See below.

IMG_20210120_105128.jpg

IMG_20210120_105141.jpg

Apologies for the dust.

Reactions: needliftnow
81 - 85 of 85 Posts