2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here's a question. I read that this will work practically on all sync 2 8inch screens regardless of what fors you have. Someone said it worked on their 2013 edge aswell. I have the 2015 model 8' with sync 2. But my version number is CCPU S/W Version:4.32_14073_PRODUCT

Does this mean I will have to down grade to the version most had success with in which is the Version: 3.08.15128.EA.10_PRODUCT?

Or I'm good to go since I'm past that version already?

·
Registered
35 Posts
You shouldn't have to go backwards on your sync version. I had no problems with doing the nav upgrade on 3.10.
When I downloaded the navigation update for 3.10, it didn't show up on my info screen, but I had read where others had that happen and it was there anyway.
Only when I finally got navigation enabled did the nav version show up on the info screen.

Make sure that the nav update you upload into sync is the one compatible for whatever version you are running, i.e., don't use version 3.08 nav update with your version 3.10 sync or vice versa.

And when at last I didn't see the nav enabled, I realized that one of the master resets had wiped out navipatch.
I reinstalled navipatch, and then the navigation was enabled.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You shouldn't have to go backwards on your sync version. I had no problems with doing the nav upgrade on 3.10.
When I downloaded the navigation update for 3.10, it didn't show up on my info screen, but I had read where others had that happen and it was there anyway.
Only when I finally got navigation enabled did the nav version show up on the info screen.

Make sure that the nav update you upload into sync is the one compatible for whatever version you are running, i.e., don't use version 3.08 nav update with your version 3.10 sync or vice versa.

And when at last I didn't see the nav enabled, I realized that one of the master resets had wiped out navipatch.
I reinstalled navipatch, and then the navigation was enabled.
How wow... Wasn't aware the NAV has to be compatible with the sync version. Do you mind sharing where there's a site where you can choose NAV versions? Or is this all on XDA

·
Registered
35 Posts
In needliftnow's original post in this thread, he gives a link to the 3.1 nav app in section (7, but when you go to that link it looks like it is no longer available.
In the description of DIY Reid's Youtube video, he gives links for both the 3.08 and 3.1 version nav app, depending on what you are running:
How to Enable Navigation on Ford Sync 2 - YouTube
Same website for the link (MegaNZ) but the link that DIY Reid lists appears to still be good, I just clicked on it to make sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
In needliftnow's original post in this thread, he gives a link to the 3.1 nav app in section (7, but when you go to that link it looks like it is no longer available.
In the description of DIY Reid's Youtube video, he gives links for both the 3.08 and 3.1 version nav app, depending on what you are running:
How to Enable Navigation on Ford Sync 2 - YouTube
Same website for the link (MegaNZ) but the link that DIY Reid lists appears to still be good, I just clicked on it to make sure.
Yeah found a 3.1 version.. but I think I don't need it. My version is at 4.2. Only issue now is the last poster stated that the NAV apps have to be comparable with my sync version. Do you know where people are getting different versions?

·
Registered
35 Posts
While 4.2 "sounds" like it should be the latest sync update, I remember reading on a thread that it is an older one.
I believe 3.1 is the latest update. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
126 Posts
While 4.2 "sounds" like it should be the latest sync update, I remember reading on a thread that it is an older one.
I believe 3.1 is the latest update. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
You are right @sandog. I read also that version 4.2 is older than 3.08.

@cgminds - download the 3.08 for your country from the XDA link. After I installed the navipatch I also need a map update file as it said I had an SD card error. Once it had installed that all is well.

And yes, any 8" sync screen that has a media hub with the SD card slot and shows the compass in the top right hand corner of the screen can be upgraded to navigation. I still think my Garmin is better but its a nice feature to have and warns me about the fixed speed cameras in my city.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You are right @sandog. I read also that version 4.2 is older than 3.08.

@cgminds - download the 3.08 for your country from the XDA link. After I installed the navipatch I also need a map update file as it said I had an SD card error. Once it had installed that all is well.

And yes, any 8" sync screen that has a media hub with the SD card slot and shows the compass in the top right hand corner of the screen can be upgraded to navigation. I still think my Garmin is better but its a nice feature to have and warns me about the fixed speed cameras in my city.
Woah... good information guys. I will be takling this tomorrow with the knowledge you all have given me. THANK YOU!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
I second what @sandog and @smartguy69 said above on the version # of Sync 2.
Please remember I updated my Sync 2 version from 4.30.13171 to 3.8.
It is counter intuitive thinking that you would need to install a lower #.
Trust me, I build computers and know software versions are always in ascending order.
The weird thing is that the date/age of the 3.8 was newer than the 4.30.13171.
So a lower # may not mean an older version, but rather a newer one!!!
Now that being said, I checked the web link and version 3.8 is no longer available.
I don't know if a newer version is available, but there likely is.
If someone doing this project can find and post the updated link here, I will update the link in my original post for other users.
The DIYREID video may not have been updated either.
I am glad this nifty upgrade is working for so many people.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I second what @sandog and @smartguy69 said above on the version # of Sync 2.
Please remember I updated my Sync 2 version from 4.30.13171 to 3.8.
It is counter intuitive thinking that you would need to install a lower #.
Trust me, I build computers and know software versions are always in ascending order.
The weird thing is that the date/age of the 3.8 was newer than the 4.30.13171.
So a lower # may not mean an older version, but rather a newer one!!!
Now that being said, I checked the web link and version 3.8 is no longer available.
I don't know if a newer version is available, but there likely is.
If someone doing this project can find and post the updated link here, I will update the link in my original post for other users.
The DIYREID video may not have been updated either.
I am glad this nifty upgrade is working for so many people.
Oh man. Hopefully someone has the 3.8

·
Registered
13 Posts
Confirmed. Also works on 2015 ford edge. Took me 1 hour 15 min and have NAV. THANK YOU guys for the tips and help!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok used it this morning and everything seems to work but 1 thing. Map doesn't show traffic. Is that a known issue?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
@cgminds You're welcome. Traffic display? I don't have that on mine nor was I expecting it. It sounds pretty cool but it must have some interactivity between a phone and the navigation as you would need a real time internet connection to share such data back and forth. If it is something factory Escapes had, then it must be in the computer module itself. I also still have not been able to get the mini nav to display on the instrument cluster as another user mentioned. I will try it again this weekend but I am pretty sure the option to enable it in the menu tree was not there.
Do you have the link for the 3.8 download (or newer variant) so I can update the link in the original post? Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is where I found all the necessary files and all links work!
. I was under the impression traffic would show like other cars NAV. I know my moms Hundai Tucson 2020 has it and also recently rented a Ford explorer and also had it. But your right, it must somehow have a live data fee's going. Did some digging and found out on my edge there's a feature called SiriusTelelink [not sure that's how it's spelled] that enables the traffic feature. Subscription based. I did try the 3 month free trial but sadly it's only for audio and not navigation. The Subscription check option just says "Subscribed" to AUDIO and on Traffic Nav it says "Unsubscribed". That must be it. Would be nice kinda like Google maps shows red green or yellow to traffic. But oh well.... very happy to have gotten it to work! Also... I didn't buy the A10 Nav card like everyone was saying. I bought the A11 card which is the 2021 updated version and it worked flawlessly.

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,362 Posts
This is where I found all the necessary files and all links work!
. I was under the impression traffic would show like other cars NAV. I know my moms Hundai Tucson 2020 has it and also recently rented a Ford explorer and also had it. But your right, it must somehow have a live data fee's going. Did some digging and found out on my edge there's a feature called SiriusTelelink [not sure that's how it's spelled] that enables the traffic feature. Subscription based. I did try the 3 month free trial but sadly it's only for audio and not navigation. The Subscription check option just says "Subscribed" to AUDIO and on Traffic Nav it says "Unsubscribed". That must be it. Would be nice kinda like Google maps shows red green or yellow to traffic. But oh well.... very happy to have gotten it to work! Also... I didn't buy the A10 Nav card like everyone was saying. I bought the A11 card which is the 2021 updated version and it worked flawlessly.
Do you own an Escape? Which is the topic of this forum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you own an Escape? Which is the topic of this forum.
I own a edge. Followed this threads instructions and also worked. Some might find this useful. Also this video was truly helpful! Only difference was the forscan memory block digit change.One my edge. I only had to change the first block... 2nd digit to a "4". The rest if you follow the video... gets the job done.

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,362 Posts
I own a edge. Followed this threads instructions and also worked. Some might find this useful. Also this video was truly helpful! Only difference was the forscan memory block digit change.One my edge. I only had to change the first block... 2nd digit to a "4". The rest if you follow the video... gets the job done.
I’ll leave your Edge posts up, but there can’t be any discussion on it. If you need further help, than what is different than the Escape. Then you’ll have to check out an Edge forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm confused. You say the nav file must be downloaded and installed via a thumb drive. And you say I must get and inset an SD card. What is the difference, what is on the SD card and where do I get one?

·
Registered
35 Posts
The nav app is required to run navigation, the SD card contains all the street info and maps.
You can get the SD card on E-Bay or Amazon, the A11 is the latest but runs around $40.
The A10 is pretty recent and runs $23 or so. I used the A10, not going to be too much different.
Look in the links provided in DIY Reid's Video.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
@Keith00x: What @sandog said. Watch the DIY Reid video as that will explain everything including the special slot in the center console for the navigation SD card. If you pull out the SD card after a successful install, you lose navigation maps. Consider the SD card a permanent install (unless you buy a newer version of the card with updated maps in the future).

101 - 120 of 124 Posts