2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
161 - 172 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi @needliftnow - I agree with what you said above and the full code for module 7D0-01-02 as shown in the first post relates to your model of Escape only. Different models of Escape may have different numbers and changing just one digit may have more than one effect. Any cars that had say a different number of speakers, rear camera etc etc could be different to your settings even if it was an Escape.

I can confirm that changing the second digit of 7D0-01-02 to a 4 enables navigation on Escape, Kuga, Focus, F-150 and I think Fusion too. I have been on all those forums gathering information.

Did you want Nav repeater on yours.

7D0-01-02 xxxx x*xx

Not sure what your shows at present but if you want to post your settling for this block I should be able to tell you what it needs to be. It should also change the checksum of the last two or four digits.
hi, i just enable my navigation on my ford escape se 2015 after a few days reading about it, my gps its now working but i noticed that my steering wheel media control (the ones on the right side) wont work as intended, no matter wich one i pressed (right seek, left seek, volume down, volume up, middle button) it only change the source again and again, i change the apim code 7d0-01-02 and 7d0-02-01 for another i found on the web, can you please tell me wich one i have to insert please, i want the navigation to work but also the media controls are very important for me, thanks in advanced

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
@moreangelmx There are a few possibilities. It is possible that if your Escape is a Mexican vehicle, that the APIM codes could be altogether different than the American code that I tried. It is also possible that if you purchased your Escape used, that someone was tinkering around with FORSCAN before you did and your changes caused other unexpected changes. Have you tried to switch it back to the original APIM code to see if functionality to the radio controls are restored? May I suggest you start with that to at least get your radio controls back (even at the loss of navigation) and then contact the FORSCAN forum for assistance as someone may have either a difference APIM code or the APIM code to re-activate the radio controls while using navigation. I do believe you are the first person who has had this problem, so I wish I could help more. @smartguy69 or @chucksbp do you have any ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
@moreangelmx There are a few possibilities. It is possible that if your Escape is a Mexican vehicle, that the APIM codes could be altogether different than the American code that I tried. It is also possible that if you purchased your Escape used, that someone was tinkering around with FORSCAN before you did and your changes caused other unexpected changes. Have you tried to switch it back to the original APIM code to see if functionality to the radio controls are restored? May I suggest you start with that to at least get your radio controls back (even at the loss of navigation) and then contact the FORSCAN forum for assistance as someone may have either a difference APIM code or the APIM code to re-activate the radio controls while using navigation. I do believe you are the first person who has had this problem, so I wish I could help more. @smartguy69 or @chucksbp do you have any ideas?
Thanks for your fast answer, my escape its american not mexican, and yes i believe like you said that i need to find the especific apim values to restore everithing to the original state, but i just cannot find them anywhere,
foolishly i lost the backup i made, i just take the values i found in some tutorial to activate the gps, but again like you said we have to find the especific model values to activate the gps too, oh and i forgot to say i lost the voice control too

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finally solved it, this are the values for my escape se 2015, in wich everithyng works as normal, (sync voice control, steering wheels media control, and gps navigation), thanks for your help
Font Display device Computer Screenshot Multimedia

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Finally solved it, this are the values for my escape se 2015, in wich everithyng works as normal, (sync voice control, steering wheels media control, and gps navigation), thanks for your help View attachment 80041
I'm glad you got everything working as it should. Enjoy your nav!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Glad you got it sorted @moreangelmx - it has taken a couple of days for your posts to come through as I am 1,000's miles away lol. I only drop in and out of the forum now and then and get notified if any threads I am involved in are posted on. I only got the notification today but see you are sorted now which is great news.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
@Brunski37 You Must have Sync 2 (My Ford Touch) with the 4 quadrant screen in order to make the navigation software upgrade work. Also, you need the full screen display and not the mini-screen. If those two things check out, proceed with the original steps and enjoy!

161 - 172 of 172 Posts