2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,944 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this thread. I signed up because I'm hoping to get some help. I bought my 2013 Ford Escape Titanium when it was brand new back in late 2012 and have never had problems with it until recently. A couple weeks ago, I was driving the car on the highway and the car lurched and then shut off.
The error said "Engine Fault, Service Now." We didn't even try turning it off then on again, I just called a tow truck to have it taken to the nearest ford service center (O'Meara Ford in Northglenn, CO). This was on a Sunday so the car wasn't looked at until the next day. The service center called me Monday and told me there was no record in the car computer that any errors or faults and the car seemed just fine. I left the car with them for about a week and they kept taking it out (drove about 40 miles) to see if they could get the error to happen again. The car was totally "fine." So no "fix" and $250 later, I took the car home and had no problems until this morning. I went to drive to work and turned on the car and got the same error I had after it shut off that first time on the highway ("Engine Fault, Service Now"). At least this time I wasn't driving and the car didn't turn off but I didn't want to mess up the car by driving it and I had to get to work so I shut the car off and took the bus. I called the dealer and they said all I can do is bring it back in. My boyfriend turned the car back on about 1 hour ago to see if the error was still there and it had disappeared. I'm hesitant to take the car back in and waste more money with them telling me there is nothing wrong again when clearly something is. I would appreciate any advice or hearing anyone else's experience if something like this has happened to you! Thanks in advance for your help!
I merged your thread with this existing one. Have a look through it, hopefully it can help you out some.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Engine fault

I've had my 2014 Escape Titanium 2.0 AWD with about 20k miles for about 9 months. For these 9 months I've had a weird issue twice with the most recent last week. The issue is that when it is started, I get an engine fault message saying I need to bring it in for service. While the engine is running, it feels as if it is half power or something like that. I turn it off and start again and no issues whatsoever. I've run the diagnostic after and it says everything is fine.

Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
5,944 Posts
I've had my 2014 Escape Titanium 2.0 AWD with about 20k miles for about 9 months. For these 9 months I've had a weird issue twice with the most recent last week. The issue is that when it is started, I get an engine fault message saying I need to bring it in for service. While the engine is running, it feels as if it is half power or something like that. I turn it off and start again and no issues whatsoever. I've run the diagnostic after and it says everything is fine.

Any ideas?
Welcome to the forum. I merged your thread with this thread on the same type of issue. Have a look through the thread. You can also try searching the forum for "Engine fault". There are a few threads on this that may help you out.

·
Super Moderator
3,187 Posts

Any ideas?
It should have been under warranty 9 months ago and hopefully it still is. I would take it into the dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I found it last month when doing a search after my Engine Fault light came on. I have a 2014 Escape SE with 35k miles, purchased from a Ford dealership brand new 2 1/2 years ago. So last month I was going to take my children out when I started the car and Engine Fault Service Now came on. I had never seen this before so after pressing OK, I turned the car off and ended up finding this forum. Maybe 30 minutes later I started the car again and everything seemed ok. The car seemed to drive alright but I brought it to a near by Ford dealer since the one I purchased it from is about 45 minutes away. They had the car overnight and I picked up it the next day. I don't have the paperwork in front of me but it needed a MAP Sensor, another sensor I can't remember the name of right now and they fixed some faulty splices. My car seemed to drive great after so I was pretty relieved. My family and I were away for ten days so the car wasn't driven. Came back from vacation, went to work on my overnight, the next morning I started it, drove maybe 10 feet and the Engine fault light came on again. I drove maybe 100 feet just to see if it rode rough like some people have said, and it did. I took it back to the same dealer and after having it over night it was all set. The paperwork says they found code PO106. They found engine splices S108 and S182 to be at fault and they repaired both. They took it for a drive and said it was ok. Hopefully this was the last time this happens as I'm looking forward to two trips next month to Maine and New Hampshire, which are both drives over three hours. Obviously I don't want this happening while I'm away with my family.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I'm hoping someone can help or possibly Ford Service can assist. My 2014 Titanium gave me the Engine Fault - Service Now problem last week on the 4th. Tried coming back after awhile and still wouldn't start. Also got pop-ups for the blind spot and cross traffic were faulting. Towed it to dealer and they've now had it since the morning of the 5th last week. They've said they've never seen this problem and can't get the car to start either. They've treated us like crap even though we've made it clear that we need their help to figure out the problem. Vehicle is 2014 model with about 32800 miles. Never been in an accident or anything. Dealer says they're not even sure if it's covered under warranty (probably since they don't know what's wrong), but I'm fairly certain it should be. Even purchased extended warranty when we purchased it used in January this year. Need help since we've been without a vehicle for a week now and no light at the end of the tunnel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I'm hoping someone can help or possibly Ford Service can assist. My 2014 Titanium gave me the Engine Fault - Service Now problem last week on the 4th. Tried coming back after awhile and still wouldn't start. Also got pop-ups for the blind spot and cross traffic were faulting. Towed it to dealer and they've now had it since the morning of the 5th last week. They've said they've never seen this problem and can't get the car to start either. They've treated us like crap even though we've made it clear that we need their help to figure out the problem. Vehicle is 2014 model with about 32800 miles. Never been in an accident or anything. Dealer says they're not even sure if it's covered under warranty (probably since they don't know what's wrong), but I'm fairly certain it should be. Even purchased extended warranty when we purchased it used in January this year. Need help since we've been without a vehicle for a week now and no light at the end of the tunnel.
In my recent experience because of your mileage being under 36k it should most definitely be covered. I also have an extended warranty and the service manager told me that under 36k warranty comes first. My issue was a boost sensor, map sensor, and some splices needed to be repaired. Hope they fix your car soon.

·
Registered
58 Posts
@ usafboy - does your extended warranty include a rental? If so, use it. Sadly, some dealers can make or break a product. Some dealers are just flat out better than others, investigating TSB's and the like, while others are just code readers who will make sure you never buy another Ford, ever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll bring those issues up when I go pick up a loaner tomorrow. I don't even know if they checked simple stuff like connectors or sensors so we'll see. Thanks for the info! My biggest worry is them trying to get me to pay for it all when it should be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2014, 58,000klm, 42 months old, has the shakes then the engine light came on 2 weeks ago, so I brought it to the dealer and the put it on the computer, told me it misfired and reprogramed something and it should be good to go, 103$ please, well a week later last Friday still misfiring and check engine on again but this time it says high ignition temperature please pull over, so I didn't drive it all weekend and brought it back Monday morning, tonight I went to see whats going on and they said motor problem, crack in cylinder 1, so now they have to lift the motor and look whats cracked., but now I want my 103$ back and a car., so maybe you have the same problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can anybody help point me in the direction of a Ford Service rep? Dealer replaced PCM since it wasn't talking to anything and the issue is still there. At this point I think the dealer really needs help since they can't figure out what the issue is and they keep just giving me the "well we're working with Ford" answer. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
5,944 Posts
Can anybody help point me in the direction of a Ford Service rep? Dealer replaced PCM since it wasn't talking to anything and the issue is still there. At this point I think the dealer really needs help since they can't figure out what the issue is and they keep just giving me the "well we're working with Ford" answer. Thank you.

There are no Ford Service reps on this forum anymore. Your best bet would be to contact Ford Customer Service

·
Registered
4 Posts
Finally got a fix, there was a grounding issue in the wiring harness that was causing problems. They soldered some wires and good as new.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Engine Fault Service Now

I have a 2013 Ford Escape Titanium purchased new on 11/9/2012. The proplem is the Engine Fault Service Now has come on on a regular basis from when the vehicle had 31,000 miles on it. We have had it to the dealer over 20 times, they can't figure out what is wrong with it and have had the engineers at the Ford plant consult with them about it and they cannot figure it out. We have had the vehicle sent back to the factory for the engineers try to figure it out and they are still stumped. Now the dealer will no longer cover the cost of trying to correct the problem. They have tried correcting wiring splices, turbocharger pressure sensor, enging splice wiring harness recall, low pressure fuel sensor and the list goes on and on. My question is who can I contact at Ford Motor Co to see about a possible buy back policy or another alterative? BTW the Engine Fault Service Now light has come on over 30 times in the last year and we have documented it with pictures. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Check your cables on your battery
Both negative and positive!!!!!!!!!
I bet your problem is with the negative cable which you can not see!!
You will need to remove the wiper arms and remove the cowl takes at the most 15 minutes
replace the negative battery cable with the most current one!!
it has been updated at least 6 times
here is the most updated part number!!
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-negative-cable-av6z10c679m/?c=Zz1lbGVjdHJpY2FsJnM9YmF0dGVyeSZpPUpLMTIwOTA1JnI9MTQmYT1mb3JkJm89ZXNjYXBlJnk9MjAxMyZ0PXRpdGFuaXVtJmU9Mi0wbC1sNC1nYXM=

AV6Z-10C679-M
Have you had them update all your software modules??/computers there are something like 10 of them!!!!!
You don't have a bad car just stupid mechanics!!!!!!!!!!
I bet all your problems will go away after replacing the negative battery cable!!!!!!!!! "battery management System"

·
Super Moderator
5,944 Posts
I have a 2013 Ford Escape Titanium purchased new on 11/9/2012. The proplem is the Engine Fault Service Now has come on on a regular basis from when the vehicle had 31,000 miles on it. We have had it to the dealer over 20 times, they can't figure out what is wrong with it and have had the engineers at the Ford plant consult with them about it and they cannot figure it out. We have had the vehicle sent back to the factory for the engineers try to figure it out and they are still stumped. Now the dealer will no longer cover the cost of trying to correct the problem. They have tried correcting wiring splices, turbocharger pressure sensor, enging splice wiring harness recall, low pressure fuel sensor and the list goes on and on. My question is who can I contact at Ford Motor Co to see about a possible buy back policy or another alterative? BTW the Engine Fault Service Now light has come on over 30 times in the last year and we have documented it with pictures. Any help would be appreciated.
I merged your thread with this existing thread on the same issue. Have a look at the other posts to see if any of them will help you. There are other threads that might help, if you do a search.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I was able to drive my 2014 Ford Escape SE 4WD to New Hampshire (3 1/2 hours each way) and Maine (5 hours each way) without any problems. I had heard some stories of the Engine Fault Light coming on while on the highway so I was obviously a bit nervous. A few days ago I had driven a few miles down the road to get a coffee, came back to the house, then maybe 20 minutes later was going to go out again. Put the car in reverse, drove about 10 feet and noticed the Engine Fault Light was on again! This is the third time in three months. Drove the car back to the dealer that had it the previous times and am waiting to hear back. They've supposedly repaired the same engine splices twice now so I have no idea what could be wrong with this car. I just hit 38k with it and this problem began just after 36k.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just an update. My 2014 Escape has been at the dealer since Friday, they did say they wouldn't be able to get to it til Tuesday and I've had a free rental since then. The service rep called me yesterday and informed me that they ordered a new wiring harness to install since they have already repaired the splices in the current one twice. Hopefully this should fix the problem!

41 - 60 of 85 Posts