2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Add another Escape to the list with this problem. 2014 SE, 2.0 with 47,000 miles. My fiance told me this happened twice already and I was actually able to verify last night since I was driving. I stated it up and noticed it seemed to stumble for a second when shifting into reverse. Then I noticed the "Engine Fault" on the display at the instrument cluster. I drove it a short distance and it had a mild but perceivable hesitation during acceleration. I pulled over, shut it off, and upon starting back up the message was cleared and it ran fine again.

What's really strange is when we eventually got back home and I put a code reader on it, there were no codes present. I did see some data in the Freeze Fame, but I have no idea when this was recorded. I saw a P0106, which matches what someone mentioned at post number 45.

I guess the next step is to call the dealer since it should still be under the power-train warranty.

·
Registered
22 Posts
After doing some more research I found a video on Youtube that shows the issue I am having. The guy mentioned the solution "found by Oliver Ford in Plymouth, IN was that the electrical cable (wiring harness) under the seat was being pinched and they had to remove the seat, carpet, and move the wiring around." Contacted the guy to confirm that this resolved his issue and he said it did. Hopefully that will resolve the issue for myself and anyone else

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have any new solutions been found for this?

I just had it pop up on my 2013 Escape SE 1.6. I checked for recalls and it doesn't look like the harness issue applies to my car. This started happening at the same time as a low engine coolant warning. We had an engine coolant issue in the past. Dealer allegedly fixed it. It got low again soon after and I refilled. This was coolant issue was 11 months ago. It's gotten two oil changes since then. Last one about a month ago. So they either didn't re-fill it and it was slowly leaking, or in that month it has started to rapidly leak again. Before this week though it appeared to actually be fixed.

Refilled and the low coolant light went away, but the engine fault is still coming up. My ODB checker didn't pick up any active codes. No shaking or anything happened, and it does reoccur after an engine break. Now I just hope if there is any issues my powertrain warranty is still active.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well I got the call back

There is some kind of hose that is leaking coolant. $586 to fix

They also got the engine fault down to a faulty coolant sensor. $478 to fix

Honestly that's an 1/8 value of the car. Thinking of telling them to not fix the sensor and just fix the leaking problem.

Neither are covered by the CPO powertrain warranty and the CPO bumper to bumper is expired.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Humming sound from rear passenger side and then engine dies

My 2015 Escape has an intermittent issue with a humming sound coming from the gas tank area and then the engine will die when i come to a light. Last night we got an System Engine Fault/Service Now error on the display. It started back up but was very sluggish for about a mile. We made a stop and when we started it back up it was fine and the error was gone. It seemed to run fine. My husband took it to to the dealership this morning only to be told they could not duplicate the issue and that no codes registered on their computer. Oh, and that will be $149.00. I cannot have my car dying on me in the middle of the road. Has anyone else experienced this issue and were you able to resolve it?

TIA
Debbie

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had the same message come up on my 2015 - Ecoboost, 53k miles. The car died. When we restarted it, the message when away but it ran sluggish. Took it to the dealership the next morning and they said there was no code in the computer. I don't get it.

·
Super Moderator
5,942 Posts
My 2015 Escape has an intermittent issue with a humming sound coming from the gas tank area and then the engine will die when i come to a light. Last night we got an System Engine Fault/Service Now error on the display. It started back up but was very sluggish for about a mile. We made a stop and when we started it back up it was fine and the error was gone. It seemed to run fine. My husband took it to to the dealership this morning only to be told they could not duplicate the issue and that no codes registered on their computer. Oh, and that will be $149.00. I cannot have my car dying on me in the middle of the road. Has anyone else experienced this issue and were you able to resolve it?

TIA
Debbie
I merged your thread with this existing thread. Have a look at the other posts for some more possible help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
dckng,

I want to help you get this diagnosed. PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll take a look at some options.

Ashley

My name is Kelly I’m having the same trouble with my escape can someone tell me what to do please can’t afford to lose my car just got it

·
Super Moderator
2,333 Posts
My name is Kelly I’m having the same trouble with my escape can someone tell me what to do please can’t afford to lose my car just got it
Welcome Kelly. The quoted post is from 2014, I don't think anyone from Ford is active on the forum anymore.

Have you got any form of warranty- you mention you just purchased the Escape?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have this intermittent problem..every couple weeks when I get in car(2015 Escape) I get engine fault service now message and is rough. I turn off and usually when I turn back on it's fine. Not this morning..3 times got message ..3rd time I pushed on gas all the way in park and it cleared. had fuel injectors cleaned and no codes.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I have this intermittent problem..every couple weeks when I get in car(2015 Escape) I get engine fault service now message and is rough. I turn off and usually when I turn back on it's fine. Not this morning..3 times got message ..3rd time I pushed on gas all the way in park and it cleared. had fuel injectors cleaned and no codes.
Just a shot, what brand gas are you using..??..I find Shell reg. to be best for mine...

·
Registered
2 Posts
2017 Ford Escape

I bought it 6 weeks ago, 26, 500 miles. Never had a problem until yesterday. I sat in my car for about an hour, never realized my ignition was on. I thought i drained my battery. Battery is fine, Ford will only allow a Ford dealer to look at it and all dealerships are backed up 2-6 weeks bc of the recalls. So now i have to get a rental, in which the warranty will cover ONLY if it's a defect and not accidental. How does this even happen?! Does anyone have any idea or suggestions? Is it a security feature that will not allow my car to start. It wint start, LED panel comes on but when i turn the key, nothing.

·
Registered
867 Posts
2017 Ford Escape

I bought it 6 weeks ago, 26, 500 miles. Never had a problem until yesterday. I sat in my car for about an hour, never realized my ignition was on. I thought i drained my battery. Battery is fine, Ford will only allow a Ford dealer to look at it and all dealerships are backed up 2-6 weeks bc of the recalls. So now i have to get a rental, in which the warranty will cover ONLY if it's a defect and not accidental. How does this even happen?! Does anyone have any idea or suggestions? Is it a security feature that will not allow my car to start. It wint start, LED panel comes on but when i turn the key, nothing.
You said battery is fine..How was this determined? By Ford?, You?.... You turn the key and no crank, could be battery, fuses, security feature, poor battery connections, etc...Was purchased used, so you really don't know the early history on the vehicle.... Since they have it, you''ll find out eventually...I hope...

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2016 Ford Escape had a light to come on. The light stated: Engine Fault, Service Now. I took it to a Ford dealership and was told to replace the fuel injector sensor. The part number is BU5Z9F972B. My husband is having a hard time trying to locate where to take the old one off and put the new one on. Can someone please help with this matter.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts