2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 1.6L EcoBoost SE, Tuxedo Black
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have an issue here I need some help with- I've read up on some '13 FE's having serious trans issues, and I'm experiencing some weird stuff, but I don't know if it's actually trans related...

First, specs: '13, 1.6T, 114K miles, I'm second owner, bought it at 49K miles, routine maintenance

1) Two months ago, my wife and I were driving at a slow speed to pull out of a truck stop... the car was struggling hardcore to accelerate past 15mph... lots of hesitations. Pulled over, parked it, and turned everything off. Started back up again fine, but when idling, engine dropped down to around 500-750rpm...

2) A month ago, we were driving and pulling away from a stop sign when the car started to shudder again... this time I wasn't sure if it was in the transmission or the engine. Hesitations on accelerating and it took up until 3500-4000 to change gears to get past 25mph... everything balanced out and shifted properly after that...

3) This afternoon, when starting the car from a rest stop (already warmed up), it had a rough idle again and it struggled to accelerate again, hiccuping and jerking until we got over the 25mph zone and then again, everything seemed fine.

I don't FEEL like it's a trans issue, because we were experiencing this at idle and the trans isn't engaged at that point, correct? In between these three occasions, the car has run fine, with no shifting or acceleration issues. It's been a really good car.

If it's an engine issue, my intake air filter is clean and my throttle body is clear. Should I check plugs? It didn't feel like a misfire or that anything was out of sync- mostly like a loss of power...

Any and all thoughts are appreciated. I'm game to try to tackle a good deal of things on my own, but would like to know if anybody else is experiencing this...

Thanks!

Richard (Rahrena)

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Have you pulled any diagnostic codes?

Is it worse right after you fill the gas tank?

Reactions: rahrena8690

·
Registered
2013 1.6L EcoBoost SE, Tuxedo Black
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you pulled any diagnostic codes?

Is it worse right after you fill the gas tank?
First time it happened when we had just filled up. Today, it happened and we were on a quarter tank... hadn't filled up in about 5 days...

As for codes, no CEL was thrown, but I didn't plug in the OBDII to check if anything is showing up otherwise.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Hmm, sounds like it might be the purge valve only. Your vapor canister and solenoid are the other emissions parts to check.

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,364 Posts
This is a old thread..over 2 1/2 years old.. but it would be nice if the original poster would reply as to the "Fix"..
If it is that old, I’m sure the OP has moved on. This is a source of frustration for members when the original poster never posts back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If it is that old, I’m sure the OP has moved on. This is a source of frustration for members when the original poster never posts back.
Just got ours back from transmission shop today... 3rd rebuild in a year... they are standing behind it... our stall issue seems to be dormant after the rebuild, car drove "fine" but was leaking a few drops of fluid, own of shop said that could have been the issue with stalling as they could not find any fault codes...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts