2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Escape Ecoboost. The engine began to shake when I put it into gear with my foot on the brake. Transmission shop said it was the torque converter. Spent $5,000 to rebuild transmission. Still shakes. The engine idles high. When taken out of gear, after a few seconds, the idle drops to about 800 RPM. Transmission shop said it is a vacuum problem they cannot find. Dealer says there is not vacuum problem, and it is the torque converter. Took back to Tranny shop. They said they tested it and transmission is fine. Any suggestions? Is it possible to request that the dealer bring in an expert?

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,391 Posts
Check the transmission with Forscan or a good scan tool and look at the transmission slip count.
800 RPM idle at neutral/park is pretty much dead on.
Did they check the mounts to see it any were bad when they pulled it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your quick response. I took it to the dealer and they said there are no codes showing and there is no vacuum leak. The latest news is that the transmission shop says there is a "grounding problem" that is not permitting the electronic controls to allow the transmission to function properly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the f35 is electronically controlled computer!
todays transmissions are not vacuum controlled.
At first glance, the problem seemed to be with the engine, because it is idling at about 1300 RPM when in gear and I am stopped at a red light. The engine shakes violently. The Ford dealer said the torque converter was locked. That is why I had the transmission rebuilt in the first place. I took it back to the Tranny Shop and they said the new converter is fine, but now they think there is a problem with grounding that is not allowing the electronics in the transmission to function properly. Thanks for your insights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts