2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife and I experienced that when we stop at a traffic light, the engine suddenly shuts down. we experienced this problem occasionally. we have to turn-on the key so that it would start again.

If there's anyone who experienced the same, please share your experience and what you did to fix it. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0l Ecoboost
1,249 Posts
Does your Escape have the auto stop/start feature that turns off the engine when you stop for something and then restarts the engine when you take your foot off the brake? If so, are you indicating that the engine doesn't turn back on when you release your foot from the brake?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does your Escape have the auto stop/start feature that turns off the engine when you stop for something and then restarts the engine when you take your foot off the brake? If so, are you indicating that the engine doesn't turn back on when you release your foot from the brake?
Hi, yes I have that. most of the time, it turns back on when I stepped off the brakes. but sometimes, it shuts down, so I have to turn the key on again.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0l Ecoboost
1,249 Posts
Hi, yes I have that. most of the time, it turns back on when I stepped off the brakes. but sometimes, it shuts down, so I have to turn the key on again.
I had that same problem. It's been a while but I think the dealer installed a new battery for me and that took care of the problem.

Reactions: ajef7885
1 - 5 of 5 Posts