2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a work road trip from the Chicago area down to Central IL, trying to drive conservative to get the good gas mileage but when called upon the the HP and Torque from the 2.0 Eco-boost was exceptional! It has the guts and sounds good while doing it!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
UXB = "unexploded bomb", lol -- WW II parlance, not sure if it's still used.

Here's hoping that it doesn't apply to your vehicle!!!

I love the 2.0. I get about 20 mpg because I seem to be unable to drive it like a man my age should.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Welcome to the Escape forum uxb2001! This is a great place, with many amazing people who love their Escapes and love to help others!

... I get about 20 mpg because I seem to be unable to drive it like a man my age should.
And this is the exact reason I bought our previous '14 and current '15 specifically with the 1.6L. HA!

BTW, we have had zero issues with either, other than the few recalls...Put over 60,000 miles in the '14 in just less than 3 years and almost 60,000 on the '15 to date, with no coolant issues. It seems the coolant issue pertains more to the '13.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had a work road trip from the Chicago area down to Central IL, trying to drive conservative to get the good gas mileage but when called upon the the HP and Torque from the 2.0 Eco-boost was exceptional! It has the guts and sounds good while doing it!
if you took i55, its a very flat drive with long straight stretches . Just watch out for state police :) Try a horse-shoe next time you got to Springfield.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The 2L is a rocket. Best money I ever spent! I wonder if there is a big difference from the new 2L vs the one in my 2015. Twin Scroll turbo. I<ll see when I get a new escapay.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The 2L is a rocket. Best money I ever spent! I wonder if there is a big difference from the new 2L vs the one in my 2015. Twin Scroll turbo. I<ll see when I get a new escapay.
I haven't driven an escape with the older 2.0 EcoBoost, but I can definitively say that I'm forced to drive my 2017 2.0 nice. At about half throttle it sends the sub enclosure I put in sliding around the back. I need to figure out how to secure it without drilling in anything too permanent before I can really open it up. The acceleration off the line is pretty startling (though I notice it feels a little sluggish at higher RPMs and doing a 60-80mph pull when compared to my 2014 F-150 with the 3.5 EB)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
leveraged UXB from the BBC PBS series from the 90s, the 18 2.0 is absolutely BOMB!
Ha! I watched that series, lol. And indeed it is.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have an "old" one in a 2014 Model. Love it!

One thing that's great about the Escape is that it can burn regular or premium gas and the turbo spools up for more HP with the premium.

My wifely unit drives conservatively and uses regular gas. She routinely gets 23 mpg.

When I drive it I, I couldn't care less about mpg, so I fill up with premium so I can get the max HP. What a hoot! >:D

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
My wifely unit drives conservatively and uses regular gas. She routinely gets 23 mpg.

When I drive it I, I couldn't care less about mpg, so I fill up with premium so I can get the max HP. What a hoot! >:D
Ha ha! We're batting on the same team. We both have them too and similar mileage differentials, lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Escape with the 2.0 pulls like a *** when you get on it! My practical side says that the extra power is needed to merge and pass on the highway, but my fun side says it's needed because weeeeeeeeeee!

But seriously, the 2.0 is great. I love having the power when I need (or want) it. To me, having that power is almost a safety feature, especially when you come across someone on the road who you want to get away from (read: erratic drivers).

The 1.5 is adequate in the Escape. I've driven my sister's '17 SE with it and it's fine, but definitely lacks that "get up and go". Sure, the 2.0 doesn't get the best mileage in the city, but I'll take the trade off.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My uncle has a 2016 F150 Platinum with the 3.5 EcoBoost, and it pulls like crazy throughout the band. It has gobs of torque down low and up high. The 3.5 EB is a freak! I've test driven the 2.7 and 2.0 and both seem to have a broad powerband as well, but I didn't see how much they had up top.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts