2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Ford Escape with the 2.0 Eccoboost. My Electronic-Power-Assisted-Steering (EPAS) failed at 75,000 (less than 4 years old). I got a warning saying EPAS fault (service required) and then immediately lost power steering while driving. At first you could pull over stop and shut off the car, and turn it back on to clear the fault. This worked for around a couple thousand miles then the power steering is gone for good. Ford has recalled EPAS through 2014 which leaves me out of course. This is an expensive item to repair as there is no serviceable parts. I have been driving for some time as I don't have $2K lying around for this repair. I will eventually make this repair but I have heard the replacement item is the same item that failed so I'm assuming I will just be in the same position again sometime down the road. EPAS was a huge issue for Ford and I would of expected this to be corrected by this point. This early EPAS failure along with my constant oil leak really have me regretting that I trusted Ford with a new car purchase.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I think the Ford Escape from 2008 - 2012 was the model years affected. From 2013 onwards I would venture to say the EPAS has been relatively reliable in our Escapes. I am basing this on the fact that only a couple complaints have shown up on this forum. Don’t get me wrong, Fords history overall with EPAS is less than stellar.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts