Rate your satisfaction with escape phev

Votes: 1 3.3%

Votes: 1 3.3%

Votes: 4 13.3%

Votes: 8 26.7%

Votes: 16 53.3%

Escape PHEV owners satisfaction poll

8K views 35 replies 20 participants last post by  Alayne 
Obviously #1 isn't a problem, you fixed it.
#2 It hasn't been to much of a problem for me, I realize it isn't a Tesla.
#3 I have floored it numerous times in EV Now and the ICE hasn't come on, it must be a setting problem.
#4 Here is a Link Ford Kuga - Towing Capacity & Weight Limit Information It looks like 1650 LBS wo/ trailer brakes and 3960 LBS with trailer brakes. It looks like FORD is saying wo/ brakes number.
#5 PHEV Home Charging thread has solutions for this problem.

Paul

Im slowly finding workarounds lol. Got my level 2, 8 amp charging going at work from a 120 outlet. As far as the ice engine I've disabled hill assist but mine keeps coming on in EV only mode while using the co pilot 360. It does it when the traffic slows down and then speeds up abruptly on the highway. It could use just a little more electric Punch for merging on the expressway and passing. I can make it to work now in EV only with one or two miles to spare and the drive home I can barely make it depending on my route. Currently I have to detour around construction and the ice comes on the last 3-5 miles as it's uphill all the way home. I realize it isn't a Tesla lol but it could accelerate better than my 1981 diesel rabbit pickup with low compression lol. I have an on ramp where 35 mph traffic merges with 80mph and it's a struggle lol.
Are you using the improvements I have listed in "How to Drive FEHP/FEH the Best Range and MPG"? right now I'm averaging +50 miles.
Paul

I'm not familiar with that MOD, but I do monitor my ScanGaugeII for HVB temp, ICE WT, Trans temp and SOC. When on long trips I remove lower Grill Cover when HVB gets above 90*F. To improve HVB range you need to keep speeds below 70 mph and draft, I typically get 45-50 mi. range on the FWY/ full charge.

Paul

I've found the reason mine comes on is while using copilot 360 the vehicle operates in Auto EV mode even though it says ev now. If you attempt to override copilot with more throttle or the traffic in front suddenly dissapears and the cruise is set to a high speed the gas engine comes on. I hate running the engine for only a minute or two on a drive. Short trios are traditionally not good for engines.
And then there is the poor gas mileage when the ICE hasn't got to 200+ degrees.

Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.