2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ford Escape Titanium/2005 Ford Explorer Limited/1993 Ford Ranger XLT/1987 Jeep Wrangler
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to check the coolant level last night and this is what I saw:

This is after its sat all day so cold. It looks like the level is right there where the plastic joint is. I got the vehicle 2 months/3000 miles ago so I cant compare it to anything.

Also, Ive read various things on what kind of coolant to add and just want to be safe. Do I need to get special coolant from Ford, or is the yellow stuff that says safe for all makes/models?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0l Ecoboost
1,012 Posts
It looks like you've got the orange Ford coolant so I'd personally stick with that unless you flush out all of orange, and then change it all to yellow. Your level looks fine to me.

·
Registered
2020 Rapid Red Escape SE Sport Hybrid AWD
43 Posts
Agree with TT. Your level is exactly where it should be when cold. If you have any concerns, you could also make sure it doesn't pass the max when hot.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,176 Posts
Keep an eye on the level. Get the dealer to top it up next service or take it in sooner if it drops further.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,014 Posts
Check it next time you get gas after the car is fully warmed up.
The current Ford coolant is VC13 and it's approved for a full flush or topping off orange VC3.
The Prestone orange Dexcool approved also meets the required spec (WSS-M97B44-D/WSS-M97B44-D2) and can also be used.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you end up needing the coolant (VC-13DL-G), you can get it cheaper from Chatworth Ford on Ebay for 19.95 with shipping. This price is even better than Amazon and definitely better than the 30+ most dealers charge.

·
Registered
126 Posts
View attachment 79230

This is after its sat all day so cold. It looks like the level is right there where the plastic joint is. I got the vehicle 2 months/3000 miles ago so I cant compare it to anything.

Also, Ive read various things on what kind of coolant to add and just want to be safe. Do I need to get special coolant from Ford, or is the yellow stuff that says safe for all makes/models?

Thanks!
I have a 2015 Escape 2.5 L and my cold level is at the same place, however after long drive and hot it just barely reaches the hot level - not much of an increase. Is this normal for all 2015 Escapes?

·
Registered
43 Posts
If it is almost to or level with the hot line after running and even or above the low line when cold, you are fine. It is only an issue when it is below or above the two.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you end up needing the coolant (VC-13DL-G), you can get it cheaper from Chatworth Ford on Ebay for 19.95 with shipping. This price is even better than Amazon and definitely better than the 30+ most dealers charge.
It looks like you've got the orange Ford coolant so I'd personally stick with that unless you flush out all of orange, and then change it all to yellow. Your level looks fine to me.
actually the orange coolant was replaced by the yellow coolant. I talked to a Ford tech and he said it’s completely fine to start using the yellow. No need to flush out the orange.

·
Registered
6 Posts
View attachment 79230

Thanks!
Go to your local Ford dealer and get the new Motorcraft Yellow Coolant VC13G.. Replacing the orange.. for $16.41 Concentrate. see:
Engine Coolant / Antifreeze | FordUS

·
Registered
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0 AWD
48 Posts
View attachment 79230

Thanks!
Since you are fairly new to this car, a few short notes to think about and then an attachment. * With the car/engine HOT take another picture and lets see if there is a difference, yes there should be a difference, how much is what we need to see. * All antifreeze will evaporate over time and you can add a small amount of water (clean) to top off or bring back to normal level between service flush/refill. Good Luck

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts