2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any insight on how to remove the chrome Escape and Titanium emblems on a 2017? I'd like to either paint them, or buy some black replacements if I can find some. I'd also like to remove the EcoBoost emblem if there aren't any holes behind that one. Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I believe best way would be to first pour hot water on and around the emblems and then use a hair dryer to soften the adhesive behind the emblems. Usually for a few minutes and making sure not too hold it in one sport for too long. Don't hold directly over it either stay a few inches back. Once the adhesive is soft use a plastic wedge to pry it off slightly along the edges and then use either fishing line or dental floss to run behind the emblem to remove. I would suggest use soapy water after removing the emblem to remove any excess glue.

You could also use a spray adhesive remove but that can damage clear coat.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Heat it in short intervals with a heat gun or hair dryer. Floss or fishing line behind them and they should pop off. If you get residual glue use IPA to wipe it off. Also try doing this on a warm day as the heat of the sun will loosen up the adhesive. Recently did this on my brothers subaru on an overcast day and the adhesive was a real you know what to get off. I did it on my old focus in the middle of the summer and they almost melted right off. Just take your time.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great. Thanks for the input guys. Can anyone confirm if there are posts behind the ecboost emblem? I'm not really a fan of it.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Great. Thanks for the input guys. Can anyone confirm if there are posts behind the ecboost emblem? I'm not really a fan of it.
Just double side adhesive

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are there posts for the Escape/Titanium emblem? I'd be more interested in debadging my car than I would be painting it. I've always wanted to debadge my car, but my old Mazda wouldn't allow it because of the posts in the M.... Plus it's cheaper than buying the paint and all that, and that means spending money elsewhere. Lol

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Answered my own question, assuming Ford hasn't changed the badges since 2015. Turns out I should've searched "debadge" and not "emblem." Doh!

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Plasti Dip? Make them any color you want, or black them out. No removal, no fuss, no muss. Getting ready to two-tone Plasti Dip my stock wheels. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took the easy route and simply debadged my car. Gotta say, I think I like it better than if I had just used plastidip! It really brings out the accent lines on the liftgate!

PSA for anyone who's never debadged a car before: Don't go out and buy the big ass spray bottle of Goo gone. Buy the little 6/8 oz bottle. I thought I'd use a lot more than I actually did. Turns out it doesn't take that much. Now I have a bottle of Goo Gone that's like 98% full and nothing to use it on. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
What did you use to color the silver part of the bumper black?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What did you use to color the silver part of the bumper black?
I didn't paint it. I got the Sport Appearance Package.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
ahhh - gotcha!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
If it's like the 2017, it's a huge pain. On mine it's two pieces and I pried off the outer emblem -- which I was replacing with a black/silver one -- until the plastic threaded rods molded into it broke. They hold both the emblem and bezel to the grill. Then both the emblem and the bezel come off.

I used Tek-screws to hold the bezel on afterwards and 3M double sided trim tape to hold the emblem to the bezel.

See this thread: http://www.fordescape.org/forum/what-did-you-do-your-ford-escape-today/96450-2017-debadge-ecobeast-black-chrome-ford-ovals.html

Not sure how much of that applies, but for what it's worth.

·
Super Moderator
5,781 Posts
How do you replace ford emblem on 2013 escape grill. How do you get old one off.
I merged your thread with this one. There are other good threads on debadging if you do a search, plus the good thread that @johngriggs provided a link to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts