2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've never done a build thread. I thought I would keep this as my DD/winter beater, but the urge is too strong with the great power delivery as is and I could use a faster winter beater ;) Nothing like hearing a turbo and scaring the local honda racers ;)

Currently as it sits.
Stock 2.0L turbo with AWD

Pics will be uploaded when I take them and it isn't as dirty?

Plans:
intake from deporacing
Forge BPV
Ported TB
1 step colder plugs
CX intercooler
Exhaust (magnaflow 2.25" or custom 2.5")
Roof rack

Maybe plans:
Tune (sct x4)
downpipe (hoping someone makes it or I will see if the race shop can make one)

I'm not really into dyno'ing...so not sure what all that would make. I am pretty fond of the idea some of you have already done, a Escape ST. I also like the concept from sema

I think I'll try and mix the two, but not sure how rugged or offroady it will get.

Parts on their way:
intake
bpv
1 step colder plugs
weathertech floor mats

I'll keep this thread updated with pics and I will also make how to's on all the parts. I personally like pictures and step by step with parts and sizes etc. Just makes it easy when my head is spacey or I'm drinking.. ;)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
. I thought I would keep this as my DD/winter beater, but the urge is too strong...
I have to remind myself every day to try not spend money on go fast parts.
I've got race cars for that. My (wife's) FE is supposed to be the future family mobile, not a hot rod. But i am a fan of customization. Make it unique.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to remind myself every day to try not spend money on go fast parts.
I've got race cars for that. My (wife's) FE is supposed to be the future family mobile, not a hot rod. But i am a fan of customization. Make it unique.
hahah, you too?! I have a Cobalt SS turbocharged with all the race suspension and parts...but it is locked up every winter....winter is long and boring so I need something fun ;) Focus RS is next, but well that is going to be a year or so still.

I think a few go fast parts wouldn't be bad ;) Just need to remind them it is for safety...right? Merging and hwy passing, you need that power ;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Nice, that picture looks about like what I want. I was planning both the roof basket and front bumper guard, but with at least two fogs. I even have magnetic metallic paint. Mud flaps went on yesterday, should be here Thursday and deflector as well.

I am keeping my factory powertrain intact for now. Have not decided if I will add an ESP, I wanted to see the initial reliability first. This thing is quicker around town for me than my WRX was with the almost no lag and auto. Plus 1000x comfier.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Just ordered new TB for porting @ max bore and a efocus motor mount.
Tell us how it goes. I'm sure many in the Ecoboost world would like to know.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't realize until I looked that the cowl and intake have to come out to put plugs in. My intake is arriving shortly so they will go in, when the intake arrives.

BPV installed - Forge BPV w/ Yellow spring - With stock intake you cannot really hear any difference. Maybe with close listening you hear a tiny bit. Otherwise my butt dyno says it feels to hold boost better....No data to prove anything.

Weathertech mats installed....WOW. Love them.

fitment is perfect with the mats. I like how far they go up in the foot wells. With the winter and snow/water/salt/sand crap on your shoes, these are working perfectly. They'll probably stay in all year. The only complaint is when I get out of my driver seat, I usually push off with my right foot to swing my self out...well their plastic is kind of slippery if your shoe is wet. My old E's had the Ford OEM all weather which was more rubber so no slip.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Intake arrived from deporacing today! The fitting from amazon did not......it is late but should be here tomorrow.

In the mean time I installed the K&N intake in the stock box. Results: Noise is up, I hear the intake suck, not much on the bpv side.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
deporacing intake pipe didn't seem to fit well. Not sure how close other peoples intakes are to the fuel pump line on the back side of the engine, but it is rubbing it.

Throttle body was shipped out today to Maxbore.
Efocus motor mount is on my desk waiting to be installed when the garage floor isn't wet and gross :/

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
deporacing intake pipe didn't seem to fit well. Not sure how close other peoples intakes are to the fuel pump line on the back side of the engine, but it is rubbing it.

Throttle body was shipped out today to Maxbore.
Efocus motor mount is on my desk waiting to be installed when the garage floor isn't wet and gross :/
Rubbing or just touching. Rubbing implies movement between. Is that the case?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
To be honest I haven't really poked my head that far in the engine bay to see where the fuel rail lies, to see if that is a problem
mmm if you stand on the driver side and look in you'll see right where the intake bends to the filter and where the intake pipe mounts. The back side is where the stock pipe is dented in to allow room for the fuel line.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I just did this install a couple of weekends ago, I found these two youtube videos helpful/informative for my install:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHmGkX2lBAU

I used the torque spec's (for the bolts) that were indicated in this COBB Focus ST motor mount install video (Perhaps these torque numbers are incorrect or COBB specific torque values or are Focus specific torque values? Can anyone in the know please enlighten me? Thanks): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckTnGHMaOmA (they start talking about torque at 6:22)

FYI, YOU WILL HAVE SORE SHOULDERS/ARMS FOR DAYS (unless you have a very cut upper body...).

My slow/methodical/OCD installation took close to 2 hours, although if I had access to a vehicle lift, even MY installation process would have only taken 30 to 45 minutes or so. I would recommend a lift, if possible...

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
I guess the bored TB is arriving today :)
This is the mod I want to see and hear about when you install it. I think some Escape guys and MANY Focus ST guys well be interested in your findings.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts