2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where my evaporator temperature sensor is located on my 2015 escape titanium 2.0? It is not located on the drivers side foot well like in the video posted on this sight.

·
Registered
481 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this the one you are looking for? It is by the driver's footwell.
Don't get the straight one. Get the curved one as the straight one causes freeze ups and Ford knows about it.
AC Motor Vibration & Occasional Stopped Air Flow
I have a 2015 escape titanium and the evaporator sensor is not by the drivers footwell. I have seen videos of how to change it on the 2014. I know what it looks like and what it does and there is a spot on the housing of where the hole would be for it but my evaporator sensor is not in that location. They must have relocated them after 2014. I just hope it’s not under the dash.

·
Registered
481 Posts
@dmann15 I don't have any pictures from you to go by...but just to make sure you have not missed anything...to my knowledge there was two sensors and harness separated apart a little. The one to the right (the harder to access one) was the one in question. I had to pull down the carpeting and flex out the plastic from the center console to be able to pull the sensor out. Even then it was a bear to do.
Maybe you already checked that spot and saw it was not there (again no pictures so I don't know).
I browsed other threads here and did not find any info on an alternative location....and a web search doesn't fare any better.
I hope it is accessible. You've probably seen this video of the F150!!! That's how manufacturers keep dealerships in business...but that is something special.
Ford must have hired some former GM employees who design parts to fail and place them in inaccessible locations!!!

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
I've been trying to find a picture or diagram to show where the sensor would be located but this is the best I could do. It's parts# 19.

Of course this is only useful if you know where everything is located in the car (that's why I was looking for picture) but I can't find one. I'll keep looking though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@dmann15 I don't have any pictures from you to go by...but just to make sure you have not missed anything...to my knowledge there was two sensors and harness separated apart a little. The one to the right (the harder to access one) was the one in question. I had to pull down the carpeting and flex out the plastic from the center console to be able to pull the sensor out. Even then it was a bear to do.
Maybe you already checked that spot and saw it was not there (again no pictures so I don't know).
I browsed other threads here and did not find any info on an alternative location....and a web search doesn't fare any better.
I hope it is accessible. You've probably seen this video of the F150!!! That's how manufacturers keep dealerships in business...but that is something special.
Ford must have hired some former GM employees who design parts to fail and place them in inaccessible locations!!!
Thx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
888 Posts
I posted a tsb over 3 years ago
there is a revised sensor for the ice up on the evaporator
cheap and easy fix, it has a curve in it
it is above the gas pedal no carpet need's to be pulled
it will take less then 2 minutes to replace
twist and pull

1 - 9 of 9 Posts