2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
6,076 Posts
I am new to the forum and also the new owner of a used 2017 Escape Titanium, 2.0L turbo with 56,618 miles on the odometer. The original warranty has of course expired and I am now considering a Ford Extended Service Plan. For those of you that have purchased an ESP, which plan did you go with and to what extent have you used it and did you find it a good value?
TIA,
Wild Skies
I merged your thread with one of the many extended warranty discussions. Have a look at some of the other posts for some possible suggestions

·
Registered
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0T AWD
8 Posts
Yes, I feel your concern, this happen to me as well and long block replaced under warranty. This is the updated block, so I'll consider myself lucky when you consider you have a whole new install under the hood. Should you get an extended warranty? Yes absolutely, but then drive the wheels off of it for the next 5 years at least. I have about 5 or 6K miles on mine since the change out and it's doing great. I'm like you, these escapes feel solid and are a pleasure to drive. So, I'll also tell you, remember to get that transmission flush and transfer case (PTO) gear oil changed....right now. (@50-60k miles)
What extended warranty plan did you get? I was quoted $4000 (yikes) for a 5 year bumper to bumper extended warranty but I'm more leaning towards just getting the powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
What extended warranty plan did you get? I was quoted $4000 (yikes) for a 5 year bumper to bumper extended warranty but I'm more leaning towards just getting the powertrain warranty.
I was able to get Premium Care ESP from Lombard for about $1,400, but I have low mileage.. Power train would of cost me $850 or so..So I figured I want to keep her, and with all electronics and sensors in today's vehicles, the extra 500 should be worth it in the long run..If your under a certain mileage, its cheaper of course...think 30k....

·
Registered
2017 Escape Titanium, 2.0, 4WD
28 Posts
Last July I got Ford Protect Premium Care 5 year 48,000 mile from Lombard for $1,648 on a 2017 Titanium, 2.0 AWD, 32,280 miles

41 - 45 of 45 Posts