2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced a battery on my 2016 Escape 2.5L (myself). Everything seems to work just fine but when I lock my car it sounds an extra beep like one of the doors is left open. Same when unlocking. I see in the posts here that some reset needs to be done after battery replacement. Could this be an issue/solution?

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
I just replaced a battery on my 2016 Escape 2.5L (myself). Everything seems to work just fine but when I lock my car it sounds an extra beep like one of the doors is left open. Same when unlocking. I see in the posts here that some reset needs to be done after battery replacement. Could this be an issue/solution?
FOB battery or car battery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FOB battery or car battery.
Car battery...

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,335 Posts
Could this be an issue/solution?
Unlikely, but you should do the BMS reset anyway. See what happens after doing it.

·
Super Moderator
768 Posts
It should be a simple thing to change out a battery. I've read about so many problems folks have had changing out their batteries that I'll probably pay the dealer to do it for the first time ever... that's not something I could have ever envisioned doing... paying somebody to swap out a car battery...:(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It should be a simple thing to change out a battery. I've read about so many problems folks have had changing out their batteries that I'll probably pay the dealer to do it for the first time ever... that's not something I could have ever envisioned doing... paying somebody to swap out a car battery...:(
This one is not that easy to replace due to it's location (totally absurd btw). It's amazing that such a simple task has to be done by dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
This one is not that easy to replace due to it's location (totally absurd btw). It's amazing that such a simple task has to be done by dealer.
And they don’t tell you about the needed BMS reset in the owners manual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you reset the BMS? Check the many threads out if you do not know what this is.
To be honest, I didn't know there is such a thing on this car. I see few posts on this and checked the manual. The manual states you can relearn the engine idle if you drive it for minimum 12 miles. I see in the posts that BMS can be reset with some OBD scan tools. I'll try with the one I have and update the post. This is the one I have but I'm not sure if it's going to be capable of doing this
OBDScar OS601

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
To be honest, I didn't know there is such a thing on this car. I see few posts on this and checked the manual. The manual states you can relearn the engine idle if you drive it for minimum 12 miles. I see in the posts that BMS can be reset with some OBD scan tools. I'll try with the one I have and update the post. This is the one I have but I'm not sure if it's going to be capable of doing this
OBDScar OS601
You really should read all the threads already posted on the BMS reset and battery. All has been discussed many times before. A scan tool WILL NOT work for you unless it is garage grade.

Reactions: Vader101

·
Registered
51 Posts
Is the sound a "click" or the horn?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is the sound a "click" or the horn?
The click is actually door locking sound with the beep. Just like when you left a door open and you try locking your doors the car gives you that extra beep to let you know that.

·
Registered
132 Posts
On my 2014, it always beeps the horn on the 2nd push on the fob. I do it to make sure it's locked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts