2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Logged into the Ford Pass App and noticed a message about a Field Service Action Number 19B37 for a Powertrain Control Module Reprogramming. It wasn't on the app the other day and nothing was mentioned when I had the Escape in for an oil change last week. No additional details were given; nothing more on the Ford Owner website or via an internet search. Anyone know what this is supposed to address/correct?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Logged into the Ford Pass App and noticed a message about a Field Service Action Number 19B37 for a Powertrain Control Module Reprogramming. It wasn't on the app the other day and nothing was mentioned when I had the Escape in for an oil change last week. No additional details were given; nothing more on the Ford Owner website or via an internet search. Anyone know what this is supposed to address/correct?
I got the message this morning. Nothing is showing up in a search. I'm sure the details will be out soon.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Inoticed the message this morning. Nothing is showing up in a search. I'm sure the details will be out soon.
Yup, I got one, too. I had previously made an appointment with my dealer for some other issues, for tomorrow; Ill get this added.
I'll see what I can find out and report back. My 'Scape is working perfectly. Smooth shifts, seamless transfer of power fwd > 4wd and back. I hope it remains so. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" so we'll see...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got this today myself. It's for my remote start. I'm in the Northeast where it's much needed right now. Called the dealer. They said the reprogramming won't be available until late January 2020!!!!! SO NOT RIGHT!!! I'm quite aggravated.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Remote start...interesting. I have had issues with that, but I chalked it up to the app screwing up. Interested to see any other data points. If that's the only thing this FSA "fixes", I'll hold off for a while, as remote start was a happy bonus when buying the Escape.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same recall showing up for our 2017 Titanium. Remote start works perfectly fine for us. Car is running fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
its concerning the auto stop/start, mine will shut off but wont start till I put it in park, intermittent problem, had it fixed when I got tires, next day, still doing it, have to give them a call, I always thought auto stop was a bad idea, should be able to turn it off without pushing a button everytime you get in the vehicle
another strange thing I found, if you hold down the ok button for maybe 10 seconds before you start the car, and hold it while its running for maybe 10 seconds, the display goes to self diagnostics(something like that), if you scroll thru it, it will test your chimes, dash warning lights, but heres the strange thing, my 2017 se displays a manufacture date of 2011?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its concerning the auto stop/start, mine will shut off but wont start till I put it in park, intermittent problem, had it fixed when I got tires, next day, still doing it, have to give them a call, I always thought auto stop was a bad idea, should be able to turn it off without pushing a button everytime you get in the vehicle
Another reason why I'm glad I disable that function every time I put the car in gear.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Another reason why I'm glad I disable that function every time I put the car in gear.
Me too. I turn it off every time. It’s become a habit so it’s not something I even think about any more.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yup, I got one, too. I had previously made an appointment with my dealer for some other issues, for tomorrow; Ill get this added.
I'll see what I can find out and report back. My 'Scape is working perfectly. Smooth shifts, seamless transfer of power fwd > 4wd and back. I hope it remains so. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" so we'll see...
I had mine done today and I believe it had to do with the remote start settings . Some cars apparently either reset to default each time, or did not activate the heated seats and rear defroster at all: mine was the latter.
I got a 2020 Escape for a loaner and wrote up an impression and posted it in the 4G Reviews section-
2020 ESCAPE IMPRESSION: DRAGGIN' THE DRAGON

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have issues with settings being reset on remote start (App/Key fob). I had SSM-46632 done and no luck. Is the process for the 19B37 available to view so I compare?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I received the same message three days ago. If you look at other entries they are within the last week or so. Could this be something wrong with the app?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I called my dealership and they said it’s just an update. Like updating your phone. Before going in my remote start was still working. It was iffy here and there but still working. It takes like an hour and it’s free of charge since it’s a field service action. They are doing it right now so I don’t understand why people are saying the update isn’t till January of 2020 or that the remote start won’t work at all. My escape is a 2018.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I called my dealership and they said it’s just an update. Like updating your phone. Before going in my remote start was still working. It was iffy here and there but still working. It takes like an hour and it’s free of charge since it’s a field service action. They are doing it right now so I don’t understand why people are saying the update isn’t till January of 2020 or that the remote start won’t work at all. My escape is a 2018.
Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Spoke to my dealer regarding field action 19B37. It is a reprogramming of power train control module due to issues of some vehicles having coolant leaking into cylinders. Was told not to wait to long to have the reprogramming completed as it can “ruin” the engine. Appointment scheduled.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Spoke to my dealer regarding field action 19B37. It is a reprogramming of power train control module due to issues of some vehicles having coolant leaking into cylinders. Was told not to wait to long to have the reprogramming completed as it can “ruin” the engine. Appointment scheduled.
Sorry, I find that one hard to believe. Reprogramming is going to do nothing to stop a physical leak. Plus, we have people who say this applies to 2017s as well. That's a long time to not have "ruined" an engine.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I stand corrected...just got off the phone with my service department...they also claim it is to address the coolant loss through the cylinder bore. They claimed it would stop it, but I find that hard to believe. No mention about anything to do with remote start or auto start/stop. They said it would take about a half hour.

1 - 20 of 358 Posts