2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

301 - 320 of 374 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
  1. Net question is should It and wait for something other than 19B37 like a. Actual recall?? Or sell it to avoid unavoidable failer?
Depends on the answers to the questions.

a) We scoped your engine and all is good. Bob the idiot overheard me talking about another Escape and stupidly assumed it was yours.

All is good!

b) We scoped your engine and there is minor signs of water intrusion, the mechanic thought it might qualify, but on review the service manager did not.

Ask for assurances or sell.

·
Registered
86 Posts
  1. Net question is should It and wait for something other than 19B37 like a. Actual recall?? Or sell it to avoid unavoidable failer?
Therein lies our consternation also....Having had this same issue with our 2018 1.5l....buying a new 2019 1.5l because they could not get the replacement engine to run properly.......and now seeing the same issue with these 2019's, we're losing faith in this engine. Its a shame because otherwise we really like the Escape, especially the AWD here in Colorado.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone know of a replacement block/engine that has failed in the same way as is being discussed here?

·
Registered
2019 Escape SE, 1.5L, FWD
10 Posts
Does anyone know of a replacement block/engine that has failed in the same way as is being discussed here?
I would like to know that too. Mine is waiting on a new block now. I really like the car, but i'd like to know if this is likely to happen again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would like to know that too. Mine is waiting on a new block now. I really like the car, but i'd like to know if this is likely to happen again.
No the new block replacement as of Ford announcement is a revised engine with thicker walls between piston that do not have slots! Anything prior to the announcement with have the same issue. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2019 Escape SE, 1.5L, FWD
10 Posts

No the new block replacement as of Ford announcement is a revised engine with thicker walls between piston that do not have slots! Anything prior to the announcement with have the same issue. Hope this helps!
Awesome. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
You might want to checkout post #257 in this thread. It even has pictures for those that don’t like to read!

·
Registered
10 Posts
You might want to checkout post #257 in this thread. It even has pictures for those that don’t like to read!
I've tried to keep up with this thread since post #1 and my question remains: Does anyone know of a replacement block/engine that has failed in the same way as is being discussed here?

I got the short block replacement around the first of the year and I'm gathering information before I make the decision on whether to keep it or sell it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hope this is not straying too far off topic...but...I took my Escape back to the dealer on Monday because the replacement engine was leaking oil. The problem turned out to be the front seal. I picked it up yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon after the seal was replaced. Today (Thursday) I took it back because it was now leaking worse than before. I had to put a quart of oil in it to drive less than 100 miles. In the time it took them to assign me a "loaner car" there was a pretty good puddle of oil under it. I talked to the service advisor on the phone a couple of hours later and he said the crankshaft is bad and they are consulting with Ford on what to do next. I'm sure this has nothing to do with the original coolant issue but I may end up with yet another replacement block.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hopefully, Ford will replace the entire engine for you. I tell you this thread really concerns me about the Escape that I bought for my wife at only 2000 miles no issues yet. I was looking at the new Ranger for myself but I think it too has the same engine.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,650 Posts
yet another replacement block
Definitely would be better with a replacement engine rather than them building one from your old engine and a new block. (That's most likely the cause of your oil leak.) Can you push for a new engine?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Has anyone had the "customer satisfaction" PCM upgrade bandaid fail and still cause coolant intrusion?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Definitely would be better with a replacement engine rather than them building one from your old engine and a new block. (That's most likely the cause of your oil leak.) Can you push for a new engine?
From what I’ve seen, it’s usually a long block. It should get the job done, save time and money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hopefully, Ford will replace the entire engine for you. I tell you this thread really concerns me about the Escape that I bought for my wife at only 2000 miles no issues yet. I was looking at the new Ranger for myself but I think it too has the same engine.
The 2.3L I4 Ecoboost used in the Ranger and Mustang is a stroked version of the same open deck 2.0L used in the Escape and Fusion, although "heavily fortified."

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,650 Posts
Reactions: MoneyPit1946

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts

·
Registered
3,473 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Logged into the Ford Pass App and noticed a message about a Field Service Action Number 19B37 for a Powertrain Control Module Reprogramming. It wasn't on the app the other day and nothing was mentioned when I had the Escape in for an oil change last week. No additional details were given; nothing more on the Ford Owner website or via an internet search. Anyone know what this is supposed to address/correct?
I have a 2017 Escape, I received a letter late January 2020
Logged into the Ford Pass App and noticed a message about a Field Service Action Number 19B37 for a Powertrain Control Module Reprogramming. It wasn't on the app the other day and nothing was mentioned when I had the Escape in for an oil change last week. No additional details were given; nothing more on the Ford Owner website or via an internet search. Anyone know what this is supposed to address/correct?
I
I received a letter regarding a 'customer satisfaction program 19B37' I took it to Ford and it was too late to fix this issue. Coolant leaked into the cylinders and the engine is damaged. Unfortunately my warranty expired. I missed it by 3,700 miles! Now I need to pay out of pocket for a brand new engine. I do not have $7,000 for a new engine, I'm still paying for the car, I have 2 jobs and I can't drive my car.
I suggest you go get that taken care of as soon as possible before it's too late.

301 - 320 of 374 Posts