2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

321 - 323 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a 2017 Escape, I received a letter late January 2020

I received a letter regarding a 'customer satisfaction program 19B37' I took it to Ford and it was too late to fix this issue. Coolant leaked into the cylinders and the engine is damaged. Unfortunately my warranty expired. I missed it by 3,700 miles! Now I need to pay out of pocket for a brand new engine. I do not have $7,000 for a new engine, I'm still paying for the car, I have 2 jobs and I can't drive my car.
I suggest you go get that taken care of as soon as possible before it's too late.
I would go to the dealer and ask for a meeting with their Ford Company representative.
The fact that that you are only 3700 miles past the warranty and the issue has been going on for a while to cause the engine damage is essentially proof that the problem started during the warranty period.
Be firm and be nice, but don't be afraid to stand up to them.
Given your situation, I would consider contacting one of the local news outlets "consumer support" reporters.
Show them this thread and how far back the issue goes.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would go to the dealer and ask for a meeting with their Ford Company representative.
The fact that that you are only 3700 miles past the warranty and the issue has been going on for a while to cause the engine damage is essentially proof that the problem started during the warranty period.
Be firm and be nice, but don't be afraid to stand up to them.
Given your situation, I would consider contacting one of the local news outlets "consumer support" reporters.
Show them this thread and how far back the issue goes.

Best of luck!
Thank you! This helps.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well took my 2018 Escape SE to my dealer for the service bulletin...After topping off my coolant again and reprogramming the PCM I found the benefit of it...The transmission shifts are "snappy"...I use Sport mode and when I change gears it is in the gear NOW...Upshifts and downshifts...Like the tranny now as long as it doesn't blow up again before I can get rid of this one...Didn't notice the cooling fans running any sooner or longer but that is what they supposedly do...We will see...Oh and I am real close to 50 k miles...

321 - 323 of 323 Posts