2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

341 - 343 of 343 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Escape Titanium
7 Posts
I did forget to mention that not only was acceleration poor but when I let off the gas and then back on the gas it felt like it was running on 2 cylinders. Only when on the gas though which is why I'm leaning towards transmission trouble.

·
Registered
2017 Escape Titanium
7 Posts
Update. Got car back Thursday. They replaced the entire brake booster. They said they couldn't reproduce the shifting problem so maybe the faulty booster was the problem. Wife said brakes felt spongy. I drove the car today and engjne felt better, ran and shifted smoother. Brakes did feel spongy to me so when I got home I checked the brake reservoir, it was empty (WTH). So I took it to dealer and they topped it off. Brakes weren't much better but they were better. Car shifted fine and there was no rough running or downshifting problem, time will tell. I did notice the engine was down on power a bit since the PCM reprogramming. There was also a slight smell of engine coolant. Engine coolant reservoir hadn't gone down since I checked it last week but this time I checked while hot, will check again tomorrow when cold. Quick rant. What's wrong with some of these so called mechanics at the dealers. One dealer destroyed my front rotors on my F150 using a bad machine (and gave it back to me that way) and another dealer under filled my oil after an oil change. Now they don't top off the brake fluid on my wifes car. Back when I was a mechanic (before OBDII) I would've been fired for that. Peoples lives are at stake if the mechanics don't do the job right. Have a nice day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Go
Someone I work with took her escape in for an oil change a few weeks ago and found out she needed a new short-block. Decided to check my 1.5L fusion and saw misfires on 1 & 3 with no codes and found out today I'm getting a new short-block as well. Six other vehicles ahead of me in line at my dealer waiting for new blocks. This is going to get exponentially worse for Ford I think.
Got mine back late last week. Drove it quite a bit the first day to seat the rings at normal temp and all was good. Engine felt smooth and no issues at all. Sunday found a huge puddle of oil in the driveway. Dealer just called and said they had a defective head gasket and a new one is on order. I'm guessing there was "operator error" by whoever repaired it so now I'm wondering what else isn't right. Will update as things unfold....

341 - 343 of 343 Posts